•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by millermayhem

1. M

talked to my brother in law about a v8 in the bronco.. always a thrill.

what torque converter do you reccomend for a daily driver? can any c4 torque converter fit in the C5? assuming the C4 valve body has be swapped also?
  2. M

yeah, I could mate a 4.0 to the c5 with an ecu from an manual tranny... but I am concerned about 20 year old electronics. I just wished there was a carbed intake for the 4.0, unless I missed one? btw, do I have to use a high temp grease for the muffler bearings? or will the blinker fluid do in...
  3. M

I have been informed that the chasis would rip its self apart from a 302 implant, let alone the stock rear axle and dana 28 that would explode with the force of a small nova. All his buddys who had done a v8 conversion before had the RBV in the wrecking yard within a years time. Oddly enough...
  4. M

need some help on planing this out

I am in the planning stages for my 84 B2. I am all over the map so bear with me. first the truck. It has a tired 2.8 and a sturdy c5 tranny attached to it. The 4wd works in low, but jumps out of gear in 4 high. I think it may be the shifter is out of wack. My area sees snow but it isn't that...
  5. M

Bronco II vs. "the youth"

never thought of the car audio... guess we need something to drown out the unrefined ride!
  6. M

Im going for a "compare and contrast" not for a clear winner.
  7. M

This will be biased, asking this of a forum such as this, but if we were to compare the B2 to the modern mini SUV. ( CRV, Escape/Tribute, RAV4, Forester,whatever the hell KIA makes...) How would our stalwart soldier hold his own. The modern examples would have a "nicer" ride. the 4wd escape...
  8. M

bronco II weights?

awesome! thans for the reply 4x4junkie!
  9. M

bronco II weights?

what is the weight difference between the 2wd and 4wd B2's? thanks Richard
  10. M

Should I go 302 or 4.0L swap?

I live in an area where my Bronco II does not sit around and idle. So fuel used while idling is a moot point. The 2.8 is a noisy engine and while it does not feel like it is going to explode, it can be fatiguing to drive on the freeway while the 2.8 drones down the road. what engine would...
  11. M

1984 bronco II... dropping 2 cylinders!

A am deeply considering swapping the 2.8 v6 for a 2.3 I4. The ol girl is going to be seeing alot more action as she has been enlisted as a work rig. Manly highway and town usage. I am very concerned about economy. I also do not need to haul any thing of substance. I know that there was a 2wd...