•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by MJ'sBlkBII

1. MJ'sBlkBII

Need carrier tube od

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.
  2. MJ'sBlkBII

Need carrier tube od

I am puting a mirror arm CB antenna mount on the tire carrier of the BII. I need someone to give me the OD of the main tube so I know which one to get. I think it's 1 1/8" or 1 1/4". I'm on the road and want to have the mount by the time I head home. Thanks!
  3. MJ'sBlkBII

Sub enclosure ideas needed

OK, here is the seemingly impossable feat I'm facing. I want to come up with a 10" sub enclosure for the BII. Mine is a 2 seater with the rear seat bottoms removed and the uppers folded down for the lay flat configuration. It stays this way. I need an enclosure that WILL NOT impede the cargo...
  4. MJ'sBlkBII

Picture just for us Bronco II guys.

That way it is right side up when it inevitably gets rolled?
  5. MJ'sBlkBII

Bronco II Stability

I have 235/75's, on 2000 or so Ranger wheels. Replaced the rear springs with new Explorer leafs, and went with coil over load leveling shocks. Definitly rides rough but it doesn't bother me since I drive a Freightshaker for a living, and I expect a truck to ride like one. I'm not sure how much...
  6. MJ'sBlkBII

acceleration and maintaining speed issue

It is sounding like this is a typical condition. My '90 is the same way with a 5 speed running 28"-29" rubber. I don't remember how my '88 was, as that was over 10 years ago now.
  7. MJ'sBlkBII

Drive shaft clicking

It only took me 2 days to go from nice and quiet to grinding on my CV shaft after I bought my BII. The deer helped... You can also get gkn conversion shafts. I got mine from O'Reilly's.
  8. MJ'sBlkBII

BII exhaust kit found!

I hope it is OK to post this link. While perusing the web for exhaust ideas I came across this kit and decided I have to pass it on since I haven't seen a reference to it yet. BroncoIIExhaust.com Bronco II Exhaust.com Custom-Fit Performance Cat-Back Exhaust Systems for Bronco II •...
  9. MJ'sBlkBII

The Juice Box Revival (Blake.'s BII Build)

Ahh, so suffer the slings and arrows. lol The electric fan is cool if you have all the parts already but, as I have been doing with my build, I am sourceing cheap used parts for the sake of getting the thing right before going hog wild on parts. I got burned before so I am leary. Figure once it...
  10. MJ'sBlkBII

Oil Leak... Rookie Mistake?

I have done 3 intake gaskets and have always pre bent them at the pre determined lines. I fold them up just a bit more than what matches the valley to make sure that the bottom is seated fully. Have never had a leak afterwards, so it is effective if not correct. As for the RTV, just below the...
  11. MJ'sBlkBII

Intake gasket leak?

I have been having a very high idle (between 1200-1800 rpm), a lot of smoke/steam and condensation from tail pipe with a very bad smell (think sulpher as a posed to fuel, but wife says it smells rich), rough running when cold and smooth[er] running when warm. I have been going over everythng I...
  12. MJ'sBlkBII

The Juice Box Revival (Blake.'s BII Build)

I belive your TB being the 86 is the larger. Having an extra set may not be a bad idea. You can send one off for port and polish and still have the truck running. I snapped a couple of valve cover bolts so I had to pick up a replacement lower, having it there may not be a bad idea when you get...
  13. MJ'sBlkBII

Just have to vent

Wow, this sounds just like mine! Dead A4LD and transfer case, leaking rad, valve cover gaskets and oil drain plug and busted seat rail here too. Oh and rotors so warped they were split! :shok:
  14. MJ'sBlkBII

Wrecked my eddie bauer B2 (88)

:bawling: Hate to see that happen to such a purdy truck. If you are selling them, Dash pad adn cargo cover if you have it. Please PM me shipped to 76522.
  15. MJ'sBlkBII

Just have to vent

You are feeling the exact way I do. I have had nothing but gremlins with mine. The laundry list of stuff I have replaced or have parts just waiting to BE replaced. Like $300 for new body seals hood to hatch. Full brake system minus rear drums and most of the lines. I had to cut and replace the...