•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Nick1983M

1. N

1987 B2 2.9 V6 fuel injector...

Sounds like I do have a weak coil. It's brand new which is part for my course haha. It's seems as though I'm losing voltage at The red wired on the coil. It's starts to drop voltage, and then the green wire drops from around 58 volts to 28 volts (somes times less, some more) when this...
  2. N

I got .3 from red to green. Everything else was in range
  3. N

I do know the Tach will jump all over the place and freeze when ignition is dropped
  4. N

I hadn't yet. Should it test at a certain ohm?
  5. N

Well I'm partly retarded with the ohm meter. It was ohming 22.98k. So I'm still searching. Would the TFI module cause signal drop to dist and Injectors while idling?
  6. N

I'm doing continuity tests on wires from ecm to TFI module. Wire #4 from ecm going to tfi model won't ohm out. The diagram shows an IDM 22k resistor is this wire somewhere in between the two. Any ideas where?
  7. N

Or possibly a crank or cam sensor...?
  8. N

I messed around with that particular connector while I was replacing the ignition switch itself and didn't notice any changes. Did find a couple wires over by the hvac blower fan and repair those. Bypassed a few of the old fusible links. I'm wondering now, where are all of the negative wires...
  9. N

I have not ohm tested the coil. I had eliminated it from the issue once I noticed the fuel injectors were cutting out just as the coil was dropping voltage. How would I perform this test? I also had suspected a bad wire or loose connection at the ignition switch. I noticed that once I got...
  10. N

Could some one please post the ecm "pin-outs" image?
  11. N

Should I ground the bare wire or is it like that for a reason?
  12. N

Update, installed new ignition switch, no change, problem still remains. While pulling the wiring harness out (the portion that runs the IAC, TF module o2 sensor etc, I found this bare wire that's insulated.. pics below... what is this? As mentioned before I'm chasing a dropping full...
  13. N

Update: at an idle I'm also losing power to fuel injectors, I checked this where the injector harness plugs in to the main harness. Ignition switch or key tumbler? While running I wiggle the key tumbler. But I cant really tell if it helps any thing
  14. N

Installed new ecm. No change. Did some testing at the coil: while idling it has 58 volts on the green wire, and approx every 7 - 10 seconds it will instantly drop to 28 volts and some times 14 volts. (This is a new coil) and just before the engine dies it picks right back up to 58 volts...
  15. N

Update 12.14.23 Installed new coil. No change Removed computer and this is what I found... normal?