•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Paul Heydon

1. P

2.9L Cracked Head(s)

Hi Uncle Gump, the glove test and the coolant pressure test passed. The engine is good and I wanted to thank you for letting me know about the glove test. It’s awesome that you take the time to share your knowledge with the forum and I. We are going to be putting a M5OD transmission from a 2002...
  2. P

2.9L Cracked Head(s)

Thanks to the both of you.
  3. P

2.9L Cracked Head(s)

Thanks. We put the temperature gun on the engine and it was 190-200f. The cold side of rad was 135f and hot side was 195-200f. Maybe everything is cool? I looked into the glove test and what a great diagnostic tool. I appreciate all your advice.
  4. P

2.9L Cracked Head(s)

Thanks. Do they normally run cold? Maybe temperature sensor? Cheers.
  5. P

2.9L Cracked Head(s)

I recently purchased an 87 Ford Bronco II with 360 000 Km. The body and interior are in mint shape but it has a bad automatic transmission. We are in the process of installing a manual transmission. I have an extra 1989 2.9L from a ranger with 180 000 Km if the engine does end up needing to be...
  6. P

Converting a 1987 automatic Bronco ii to manual

Hi. Brief update: I bought a manual transmission form a 4l 4x4 96 Ranger. I bought a shifter from a 97 Ranger and clutch/brake pedal from a 1987 Bronco ii. I am trying to figure out what the best linkage would be? Thanks.
  7. P

Does it also matter if it is out of a 2wd or 4x4?
  8. P

What cars and trucks came with the M5OD-R1? Can I use the M5 transmission from the newer Rangers with the SOHC 4L? Thanks.
  9. P

Thanks again. I will let you know how it goes.
  10. P

Thanks for the great information. I will look for a Ranger with a 4.0L. Would the other parts work as well? Such as the linkage, pedals, etc.? Will the driveshaft from my 87 Bronco II work or the one from the 4L? Thanks again.
  11. P

I recently purchased a 1987 Bronco ii. It is in great condition but is an automatic. I wanted to buy one with a manual transmission but could not find one that wasn’t rusty. I want to put a manual in it and wanted to find out which manual transmissions I could use that would be the easiest to...