•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by pillen140

1. pillen140

99 Explorer Clutch Questions

almost forgot about the flywheel, for about $80 i would replace that if your clutch was that bad... also from napa.
  2. pillen140

99 Explorer Clutch Questions

id spend a couple extra bucks and get one from napa, theyre luk brand, which is what ford uses from the factory... some use little plastic bushings rather than springs, and you typically get what you pay for. also, if you can find either a raybestos slave or oem ford one.... they price...
  3. pillen140

ttb question

they're not extremely strong by any means. especially if its got a dana 28. a dana 35 is a lot stronger, but not super strong. I run mine with 35" tires as well, and I haven't really run ito that many problems if you know its limits. you can definitely disconnect the sway bars, but its not any...
  4. pillen140

Making some improvements

Your seats blend right in with the interior! Jk, nice bronco!
  5. pillen140

newbie from tn.

Welcome, and I have no personal exp with duff, but have never heard anything other than how good they are!
  6. pillen140

regearing

Just find stock axles with 4.10s and swap them. And 4.56 is way too much for something with 31's. Edit.... actually what gears do you have now? Its probably not really worth it to regear unless you have gears almost in the 2's. I drove my 3.0 ranger with 35's and 3.73's and it really wasn't...
  7. pillen140

10 inch rear brake upgrade

Its got a wider friction area, but it doesn't change the wheel mounting suface width. The backing plates are offset a little more than the 9" brakes and the drum its self doesn't taper as much, even though you barely notice it. And the backing plates ARE able to be swapped. When I put my 8.8 in...
  8. pillen140

10 inch rear brake upgrade

No, it will not make your wheels stick out any further. And the 10" brakes are taller as well as wider, can't remember how much wider, but I don't think its an inch. And yes, the 28 spline 8.8 and 7.5 backing plates are swappable. The wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface stays the...
  9. pillen140

My Bronco 2

i think it was '95 they got them, and id guess it was all off the d35s because my '95 3.0 has dual piston calipers aswell. my '94 4.0L had the old style single piston, so id guess it had to be '95
  10. pillen140

wheel adapters/rear axle/bearing

just make sure to torque them! and i would use locktight on the threads that hold the spacer on to the hub.
  11. pillen140

wheel adapters/rear axle/bearing

rough country sells 1.5" ones for $60 a pair. i had them, and good quality. i ran them with a 3.75" backspaced 8" wide wheel and never had a problem, ran them for about a year. they will put more stress on the bearings, but not as bad as you would think. the rear axle wont wear the bearing out...
  12. pillen140

just got it

NICE! love the wheels, i almost bought a set from lmc truck! not a big fan of tube bumpers, but doesnt look bad on there.
  13. pillen140

drop pitman arm question

you DO NOT need a drop pitman arm for those.... i have them and still handles like stock.... actually better.
  14. pillen140

My Bronco II!!

i vote keep the first gen front! they look way better.