•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by projectnitemare

1. projectnitemare

Big Bronco 2 Conversion

I checked around as well, the tailhousing between the two M5s are different, doubt the shaft interchage either due to size. There is some side to side room but it depends on headers. Also too much will cause driveline issues. I could really get into driveshaft angles and harmonics but that...
  2. projectnitemare

Big Bronco 2 Conversion

Almost guranteed that the 1356 will require you to trim on the frame somewhere. Less chance with the Np208, and no trimming should be required for a NP 205 but you will have to make an extra mount for that one. I've never cared to try being I don't use the R2 but the question that seems to...
  3. projectnitemare

V8 swap transfer case question

The 1354 won't bolt to a fullsize transmission without adapters. I'm taking it that your NP205 issue is the shift rail is in the way hitting the extension housing. No big deal just grind a notch out of the extension housing and bolt it up. If you are unsure where to grind most transmission...
  4. projectnitemare

Tranny help for 302

he's right, not stock 79 bronco attire, that stuff will work though. I never noticed your like last night Matt
  5. projectnitemare

Tranny help for 302

If that bronco has pretty much anything other than a stright 6, 302 or a 351W it won't match up. Matt
  6. projectnitemare

square tube driveline help

Get a new tube put in your existing driveshaft, around $100 in most cases. Matt
  7. projectnitemare

Trac lock front axle

it was an option in some D28s
  8. projectnitemare

I have a question for V8 owners.

I would recommend a regulator on any electric pump. I holley blue need a return regulator for sure as well as any high pressure (8-14ish psi) carb pump. If you dont use a return regulator you will get a surge and will flood the carb just as if you were not using a regulator at all. I'm...
  9. projectnitemare

5.0 Bronco II Handling

I had the same setup in a BII. That thing drove no different than the near identical 2.9L one I had aside from power. Both drove light years ahead of my lifted Ranger. matt
  10. projectnitemare

Will this set-up work (302,np435,dana 20)

Yes that setup would work. In a BII that will be the hard part. Drivetrain legnth will be the issue as stated before. Matt
  11. projectnitemare

Im lookin at a BII, what should I look for?

bet on the core support being gone, under the lip of the wheel wells, firewall by the heater box, the back hatch area along the bottom (under the plastic panel infront of the bumper too), spring shackles...I'm sure there is more I'm fogetting. Matt
  12. projectnitemare

alterations for a 302

Exactly, width isn't the problem. The heater box is a definite. If you are pretty good you can cut the chunk out, flip it around and plastic weld it back in. I'm good with fiberglass, I used that instead. There is a seam in the trans tunnel that sometimes needs to be pounded over. It's not...
  13. projectnitemare

bronco II frame question

The best suggestion will be do go to the junkyard and find a better fitting manifold, they are out there. You can cut the frame if you wish, I wouldn't go back more than 3/4in or so. I saw a local kid here who pretty much cut out the top of the frame rail to clear headers on a V8 Ranger. I...
  14. projectnitemare

302-351

You will need a decent stroker kit to get that kind of HP without any power adder. Do some research before you start tossing in parts, adding a heathly shot of nitrous to a high compression engine will kill it very quickly if you don't know what you are doing. The 302 headers won't work as...
  15. projectnitemare

v8 swap questions

That's a good start. The TV linkage can be a real pain to adjust at time but it definitely not something to be overlooked. Matt