•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by red85

1. red85

need 5.0 piston ring info

I run an Edelbrock Performer 289 and it's been pretty good. I also port matched it to my heads.
  2. red85

Motor mounts

Another option is to get some 4.0L mounts and make some flat steel plates to attach to the 5.0L
  3. red85

Finding year from vin#

The 10th digit of the vin will give you the year.
  4. red85

351w headers

My plan for my 393 (351 stroker) is to cut and weld my 302 headers to make them fit. I may even just go over the frame rails and remove the inner fender wells. I'll be taking lots of pics when I get to that point. I just got my block back from the machine shop so I have a looong way to go yet.
  5. red85

5.0 motor questions

Wire the pump to 87. 87A is open when the relay is triggered on 85. A friend of mine put a proform on his 302 and it worked really nicely. I did things a little differently with my truck. I used a DuraSpark distributor, a GM HEI 4 pin module and a Ford E Core coil and it works well too. You...
  6. red85

What is this pipe that connects the two heads?

What the hell? No one has some old spark plugs lying around? They're free. They thread right in They're free. Why are you guys trying to reinvent the wheel and make extra work? Oh, and did I forget to mention that old spark plugs are free?
  7. red85

What is this pipe that connects the two heads?

Remove it and plug it with 2 spark plugs. It's smog equipment so be careful if the truck needs to pass an e test
  8. red85

alterations for a 302

check out the tech pages for the run down on this. Welcome!
  9. red85

Not Another CTOR Build

That's it. I'm driving to MI and kidnapping you. You will only be able to leave once my Ranger is done LOL
  10. red85

C5 to C4 swap

Yes it will work just fine.
  11. red85

Bronco 2 turbo project...

That's pretty cool. I always liked the idea of a turbo B2. Where are you planning on mounting the IC? If you're going anywher near the mud and rocks, I'd count out an FMIC.
  12. red85

302-351

What type of ignition are you running? Chances are you'll have to switch to a distributor that's a breaker point type or an aftermarket HEI type as a 302 distributor won't work in a 351W. You'll need a new intake and your headers will likely need some modification too. The C4 will work, but a...