•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by retep88

1. retep88

blower motor doesnt come on. no air

I have to jiggle the wires to my motor ever now and then to keep mine working. Try the easy stuff first
  2. retep88

I found a M50D-R1 Manual Trans

replace the shifter plugs while you have easy access. The plugs are known to leak and there is an article in the tech library about it.
  3. retep88

Check engine light

if it's obd1, you can just get the codes through the CEL. This is a pretty good video on pulling the codes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxDYSmGjHc. You don't need there fancy tool, all you need is a piece of wire or a paper clip to jump the connection.
  4. retep88

Strange problems with my '88 2.9l

The computer tries to auto-tune the engine using the O2 sensor to compensate for age and wear. If the computer was trying to tune the engine with the bad O2, it would mess with the open loop. My engine was running bad b/c of an O2 sensor and I had to unplug the computer for 5 minutes or so to...
  5. retep88

Xplorer brake ???

I wouldn't try to by pass it. It sounds like a splitter for your brakes. You should have two hard lines coming out of the master cylinder. Those two line will then split with one line going to one of the front wheels and the other going to the opposite rear tire. If you try bypassing it, you...
  6. retep88

windshield leak

You might try searching around the forums. It seems like a common problem and I know it's been brought up before. Something about blowing out vents if I remember right.
  7. retep88

Bobby A.K.A POS Bronco II

THE LEAF SPRINGS ARE IN! last week I put in the driver's side and today I put in the passenger side. It was interesting driving around with one good leaf spring and one bad. I would get lots of body roll turning left, and barely any going right. The driver's side was a pain. Jacked up the...
  8. retep88

Bronco II Worth

How much is he wanting for it? If it doesn't have ANY engine problems I personally wouldn't sell anything for less than 500 (us).
  9. retep88

My 89

for the shackles I took the nut off and then beat on the bolt until it popped out. cutting it works too. B2s are really bad about screwed up leaf springs.
  10. retep88

exp 8.8 rear end to 86 bronco2

I have never done it before so don't quote me on anything but.... The reason you can't mount the springs under the axle like the explorer is that it would lower the backend of your b2 as if you did an axle flip (2-3 inchs I think). So unless you want a lowered B2, you have to move the spring...
  11. retep88

gas tank problems

update: I put the modified valve back in and re-installed the gas tank. Good news, it works but not great. I can at least get the thing to fill with out me holding it. The filler neck didn't even have an inner hose, so I ordered a specialty fuel hose (1 inch id) from mcmaster-carr that will...
  12. retep88

need help getting the bronco running

I would replace the O2. My guess is that the O2 sensor is producing a false signal that doesn't trip a code. Computers aren't perfect, and neither are sensors. They can fail in ways that won't trip a code. that is why you have to be smarter then what you are working on :icon_thumby: Taking...
  13. retep88

gas tank problems

I have been having gas tank problems. The tank keeps tripping the auto-shutoff at the pumps and it takes me forever to fill up. I know it's the gas tank vent on the top of the tank, so I pulled it off, cleaned it up, made sure it worked, put it back in and hoped that it work. Well it didn't...
  14. retep88

Bronco II YJ ???

It was more of a thought and not something I would actually do. I just wondered if it could be done. If you could fine a 4.0 in a YJ you get the sas swap and the 4.0L swap all in one. I don't know much about jeeps so I don't even know if there is a 4.0L YJ
  15. retep88

Bronco II YJ ???

I parked next the a mid to late 90's jeep YJ in the other day and noticed that the wheel base for the YJ and my 89 Bronco II where pretty much the same. In fact the only major difference I notice was the frame behind the axle was longer. So my question is has some one put a Bronco body on a YJ...