•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Scrambler82

1. Scrambler82

temporary primer for repair areas ?

Since the post wasn't directed to you I guess maybe you should learn to ignore it ! The post was meant for the OP. The time between priming and painting always takes longer than you plan, so a cheap paint that can be sanded away with minimal cost is the best route.
  2. Scrambler82

temporary primer for repair areas ?

Primer isn't waterproof and a wire wheel will polish not completely remove rust. On both counts don't use a wire rush except on heavy rust and do leave a primer without top coat. Best plan get a cheap automotive paint to cover things up and resand before you do a complete repainting.
  3. Scrambler82

towing in reverse noob question

The other thing is, when pulling in reverse, you are pulling on the backside of the gears which are not designed to apply a lot of pressure to. The gears actually are being forced outward some as pressure is being applied. When pulling from the rear you are using the flat portion of the gear...
  4. Scrambler82

Help ???

I have a '94 Navajo (Explorer Sport) and was wondering about something. The rear axle, although drum brakes I have heard they have a posi and 31 spline axles, is this correct ? How do I tell without pulling everything apart ? Also, if so, will the diff/axles fit and work with my 2003 Ranger...
  5. Scrambler82

Best year for a B2 FI swap

BlackBII has a point functionality, a biggy... but when driving 5.0L or maybe a 289 cu in V-8 there is no substitute; the sound, the feel, hard to replace with a 4.0L. Luck on the choice.
  6. Scrambler82

Best year for a B2 FI swap

I have seen and driven the 4.0L in a B2 and it was nice but there is no substitute for a 5.0L and a 5 sp, gotta love the sound of the 5.0L winding out. Although the manual trans isn't the easiest swap in the small engine compartment. IMHO, as long as the B2 had EFI and the fuel system is in...