•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Sevensecondsuv

1. Sevensecondsuv

Gasket Sealer, which is best?

Everyone that has said you don't need gasket sealer is only partially correct. It actually depends on what type of gasket you are using. It is true that most modern, high quality gaskets don't need any sealer. However, if you bought a cheap gasket set full of old-style paper gaskets (I just...
  2. Sevensecondsuv

Got A 4.0L, what should I do to it ?

They added EGR in 93, so the exhaust and intakes are different for those. The computer pinouts can be a bit different from year to year also.
  3. Sevensecondsuv

460 in a bronco II?

I can't think of any good reasons not to do it, but you might end up with a truck that sits on the front wheels and front bumper with the rear tires off the ground instead of on all 4. But it'd be cool. Seriously though, a big block with a granny 4-spd in a Bronco II. Really all that is going...
  4. Sevensecondsuv

What's this??

Nah, that's just a bunch of nonsense made up by people who've never tried it and propagated by internet "experts". :icon_thumby:
  5. Sevensecondsuv

Project El Taco...1990 BII

Wow, that almost looks professional. I just used some ductwork sheetmetal, coarse thread sheet metal screws, and black RVT when I did mine. I did the exact same notch too. Hurry up and get this thing done. I can't wait to hear the report on how the OHV EEC-IV does running a SOHC.
  6. Sevensecondsuv

Project El Taco...1990 BII

I'd be careful with fuel system. The eec-iv systems run about 40 psi (without vaccuum to the regulator). I know the EEC-V returnless run 60-70 psi. Seeing as how you're going with the EEC-IV computer it shouldn't be an issue. You also have to be careful about what injectors you use. There...
  7. Sevensecondsuv

2.3 into a BII.. Am I crazy?

Much like a 2.3. Before mine was turbo'd, it wasn't underpowered in the least. It would move the ranger just as fast as the 4.0 moves my explorer. The BII is much closer in weight to a ranger. I see no reason why it couldn't move a BII. Ford was putting them in extended cab ranger's which...
  8. Sevensecondsuv

5.0 in a bronco II

If you daily drive the BII, get a different daily driver before tearing apart the BII. Any engine swap will take far more time, and cost far more dollars then you initially thought possible.
  9. Sevensecondsuv

BII vs. pre '95 Explorer Sport

It's true the sport has all the parts the Bronco II guys want. On the bad side it weighs 500 - 1000 lbs more and bronco II's don't have the serious rocker panel and fuel hatch rust issues that the sports have. Even the mighty 4.0 can feel a little overwhelmed by the sports mass. So it's...
  10. Sevensecondsuv

1984 bronco II... dropping 2 cylinders!

If the C5 tranny originally had a 2.8 attached to it then no. Currently the 2.3 bellhousing for the 3 speed autos is the holy grail of ford parts. The drag strip 2.3T guys use them in their all out drag rigs because autos are faster than manuals when you are talking about sub 10 second cars. I...
  11. Sevensecondsuv

Bronco 2 turbo project...

Mine wouldn't boost when I first wired it up either. Turned out I had mis-wired one wire on the VAM. Fixed that and she runs like a bat outta hell. For a relatively stock engine, as it looks like you've got there, the stock EEC system should be more than plenty to run it right.
  12. Sevensecondsuv

Ls1 swap is it possible

That would probably be no more work than putting a Ford EFI 5.0 or 5.8 in there as you would have to install the whole computer/wiring harness and change out the tranny, t-case, and axles anyways. If you got it there, I say research what transmissions and t-cases will work and then go for it...