•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by short bus

1. short bus

88 Bii no spark

This just happend to me. I have been checking everything electrical on my Bll for the last two weeks every thing tested good, so I started changing one thing at a time. It was the pic up in the dist.that was bad and I tested it three times but it still ended up being the problem.
  2. short bus

1997 Explorer very bad noise in front end

If it stoped making that sound when you pulled the front shaft its not the hub bearings. More than likely it is in the front gear set. My wifes did the same thing and it was a bad barring in the front end. Not the hub bearing it was the carrier bearing. Just my 2 cents.
  3. short bus

Coolant switch

probably talking about temp sensor. That could be it mine was doing it when it was cold and ran good when it was warm but works good now I changed it.
  4. short bus

Question about jeep front axels

I am going to be doing the dana 30 swap soon myself. Around here it is hard to find a rubicon 44 and there is a manule hub kit for the 30 that is still cheaper than the cut down 44 and easyer to find parts for. Some trails here are going to a 72" width restriction so I wont to stay under that...
  5. short bus

Door Bell Dinging - MAKE IT STOP!

On my 87 it was behind the glove box easy to unplug
  6. short bus

Tire options

I put 30x9.5 on my stock 87 it hasn't rubbed yet.The other part realy depends on the gears you have but its not that big of a change to make a big differance.
  7. short bus

lower freeway mpg's?

you didn't add your tire size. If you put larger tires on = more weight and takes more gas to push them faster.
  8. short bus

Decal design

thats cool I want one. lol
  9. short bus

Coil springs

I didnt change a thing on the brackets just the springs . I did change the to a 35 and a 8.8 but left all the same brackets rivited
  10. short bus

03-06 explorer drivetrain

we have a 02 and the tranny has been rebuilt twice and the rear end twice but we have kinda abused it pulling a 6k# blazer about 400 miles twice a year and all the quads and toys out to the dunes.We still have that god awfule sound that comes from the rear and oh yeah it has the autotrack...
  11. short bus

84 to 87 tranny swap

I thought the bolt patern on the 84 wich had the 2.8 was diferent than the 2.9. I dont know for sure just what I was told or read somewere
  12. short bus

Need Advice 1995 Explorer........

It might be to late for advice, but on the west cost that is a kinda high price and on the 95 if its going to be a daily driver its fine but if you want to lift it and go bigger it cost more to do a 95 because of the way ford did the torsion bar brakets. just my 2 cents
  13. short bus

Coil springs

I took all my springs (coils and leaf) off a 91 exloder and got 2in of lift
  14. short bus

I did the same thing about five years ago on one of my 2.9s and have not had a problem yet. I have to rebuild two more real soon so I hope that dosn't happin agin.
  15. short bus

phatdaddy wants to be toopless

If your going to do it do it all if not its just a short ranger. It would be one of a kind.