•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by sjr53

1. S

engine wont stay running

There is an EGR Valve Position sensor next the the EGR valve. It has a vacuum line to the valve plus the wires to the harness
  2. S

Wiper delay

My 86 manual shows it as a cube with 2 mounting ears that fasten it above the drivers kick panel above a Brake pedal support rod. There is a ground wire coming out of the module that fastens to the lower of the 2 screws.
  3. S

86 b2 starting problem

Since you mentioned the tranny being swapped, did you get the Orange wire connected back to ground on the back side of the passenger side head or bellhousing. It will run very rich if it is not grounded to the engine. And the starter not turning over sometimes, I have had a starter short out on...
  4. S

Looking for the Blower Motor Resistor?

It is under the hood down wind of the blower motor, which is towards the center. When mine went bad, it was the thermal fuse which looked corroded, so I just soldered a jumper wire across the thermal fuse.
  5. S

Looking for the technical term for this

The carbon box line should go under the front of the throttle body and not to the EGR valve. An '88 BII shouldn't have the EGR valve at all. The '86 & '87 have an EGR valve with a sensor and a switched vacuum line going to it, IIRC.
  6. S

what is the standard size tire for a 86 B2 4x4?

My '86 BII owners manual says 205-75/15 for tire size and that is what I had on mine when I got it. I put '92 explorer wheels on it with 225-70/15's and I liked the new stance & feel. My '88 BII has 235-75/15's but I prefer the 225-70's.
  7. S

86 Bronco II - Hesitates, stumbles while accellerating

The fuel pumps should shut off after 1-2 seconds. The computer should shut off the pump relay when it doesn't see any signal from the TFI indicating the engine is running. Checking the fuel pressure when it isn't running right would be the 1st thing I would do. I just had my LP pump in the tank...
  8. S

Bronco Fuel

The fuel lines are nylon, so rust is not an issue. I see no reason to replace the lines. I just replaced the tank fuel pump and had damaged connectors from rust on the metal lines coming out of the tank. Dorman makes replacement ends, usually with 18" of attached nylon fuel line and a coupler...
  9. S

87 B2 2.9 efi, misfires, lags with throttle

Try a new MAP sensor. That fixed my 88 BII that acted similarly. I did get a lean code shortly before fixing it. I have 2 BII's so I was able to swap sensors around until it worked.
  10. S

Idle questions

The 2.9L runs fine with a vacuum leak, just with a fast idle depending on the size of the leak. A dirty IAC valve can cause the hunting idle, but also a bad MAP sensor does cause at least a similar trouble. I don't know how idle would be affected by a bad ACT sensor by the IAC valve. I once...
  11. S

Two minute over-rich fix ?

The IAT is instead an Air Charge Temperature sensor & is in the middle intake runner with wiring next to the IAC valve wiring. If you just replaced alot of ignition parts, maybe 1 part was defective and you have no spark to 1 cylinder. The O2 sensor will see the O2 and richen up the fuel to...
  12. S

Two minute over-rich fix ?

Check for a loose orange wire that should bolt to the rear of the passenger side cylinder head. If it is bolted down, make sure it is grounding the orange wire.
  13. S

1986 bronco ii with a constant miss

The 86 has 2 fuel pumps, a low pressure pump in the tank and a high pressure pump on the frame. The 90 will have just 1 high pressure pump in the tank, or so I have been told.
  14. S

seat swap

I put 93 Explorer seats onto my 86 BII seat frames. The passenger side seat hinge had a smaller hole that needed drilling out, but everything else was bolt-on. I put the BII seats onto the Explorer frames and installed them into my 61 Falcon. The high back seats looked bad in the Falcon.
  15. S

Can you figure this one out, I cant

The fuel line from the filter attaches to the fuel rail. The return line attaches to the FPR.