•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Tedybear

1. T

Venting about defective radiator cap

Ok Campers. About a couple of years ago the Bronco II I drive needed a replacement radiator. So I replaced the radiator and cap at the same time..along with hoses etc... Now I'm not trashing any brands or such, as every parts maker will have a dud slip past. But I've been chasing down coolant...
  2. T

89 B2 rear drive shaft

Place in Rochester, NY called "Denny's Driveshafts" They make custom fit drive shafts with a lifetime warranty. He's got a decent rep. S-
  3. T

89 Bronco II Fuse Link ?

as for a fuseable link? Not sure. But for that? Trace the wires back from the coil and it should lead you to it. S-
  4. T

89 Bronco II Fuse Link ?

Next to the battery about 4" from the battery. It's under a plastic cover . sorry...edit: 4" behind the starter relay....which is next to the battery) S-
  5. T

Exhaust head bolts and nuts

Find a good fastener shop in the yellow pages. We have several in my area that deal with ONLY hardware. Take one of the old ones with you. (you'll need the thread pitch, sizes, all that jazz) and ask for a good high grade bolt. This is how we did ours back when I replaced the cracked heads. S-
  6. T

Can't afford a lift--But new front springs?

Ok Campers. Money got wrapped up fixing the wife's car. (it blew the radiator when we started to work on the exhaust...just old age and high miles.) My front tires are pretty well toasted due to the camber being really off. Anyone looking at my truck in the pics? Can see the top of the...
  7. T

Mysterious Brake Light Issue

Might be best served to just replace the entire unit. When contacts start to pit and go bad? It's more worse of a headache removing and reinstalling the part...sometimes several times.. S-
  8. T

Vacuum leak near the brake pedal?

Check the rubber grommet on the check valve. Mine did the same exact thing and it turned out to be a split in the grommet at the 6:00 position. S-
  9. T

Hit the junkyard today

I found a local stormin' good deal for a set of seats out of a newer Ranger. I asked here (thanks everyone) and $40 bucks later? Newer seats installed and much more comfee. The only issue? Both seats where for the passenger side LOL. But sense I'll never have a use for the BII back seat...
  10. T

Lost Overdrive w/ left turn signal

Check the brake light switch unit. That bit of fun will also shut down the overdrive if the computer thinks the brakes are being applied. Not to mention you'll be having issues with your rear lights. Sounds like wiring is likely..but the switch is a cheap and easy test. S-
  11. T

How can I keep my 2.9 cool?

I'm a bit surprised no one has asked about the fan cooling clutch. If the truck goes down the highway at normal temps (50mph+) and is good? But you get it into town for stop and go driving or idle...and the temp goes to high? That's a clear sign the cooling fan clutch is on the way out. It's...
  12. T

Dash Squeak & Rubbing Noise!!

Any jumps in your speedometer? The cable runs in the same general area and could be 'dry' and rubbing. You'll know if that's the case, the speedometer will start getting jumpy. S-
  13. T

Drive shaft info needed.

Just had our replacement drive shaft repaired at a company called "Fleet Pride". I mentioned Bronco II and the guy gave me a look and said "We used to sell so many replacement drive shafts for those? We kept them as normal stock for years". (They custom make all drive shafts.) Denny's...
  14. T

Overheating or just bad flow???

Sediment in the coolant is normal. Even with the best rust prevention chem's? It still happens inside the system. That's why we do flushes and refills on a schedule. When you say it boils over---is it actually spewing out the system into the coolant jug in a violent fashion? It is normal...
  15. T

Will someone please identify this underhood cable???

Give him a shout! We have a local salvage yard here in Fulton that just sold us one. Main issue with ours? My own idiot nature. When I replaced the heads? I routed that cable on the outside of the exhaust pipe and cable tied it away from the exhaust. The tie snapped and it burnt up on the...