•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by TexCaliBII

1. TexCaliBII

1994 Mazda Navajo motor noise

If your sure its not a rod then most likely it may be a buildup of carbon on the valves and piston tops causing pre-detonation in the cylinders. That can make a car sound like its dragging a chain behind it. And it definitely gets worse the hotter the engine gets. The only real way to check...
  2. TexCaliBII

Help! Engine wont start and random high idle at speed

Something else to check, just happened to me, is the intake gaskets. A massive vacuum leak will cause all kinds of havoc. I had an overheating issue I resolved and then it started being hard to start, dying and HIGH idle. New intake gaskets fixed me up.
  3. TexCaliBII

Fill hose not venting

Slight correction to my last post. You are indeed correct that the top line is an emissions part and it goes to the carbon canister but it is also the vent for the tank, and its plastic, not rubber. Sorry about my lack of detail, oh and of course it does not terminate on the frame. I KNOW all...
  4. TexCaliBII

*MYSTERY PROBLEM* Severe ticking after 20 mins of driving

Hello, Welcome to the forum! Now this is my2 cents here. Well, these 2.9s are subject to the oil passages from the heads plugging up due to gunk building up from long oil change intervals. Since you started doing them regularly it most likely knocked the goo loose and if the rear was high...
  5. TexCaliBII

Fill hose not venting

Mankray, Actually there is a vent. Its a plastic bung on top of the tank and has a rubber vent line that attaches to the frame via a small metal clip. If the plastic tank does not have that then yes indeed you'll have this issue. Most parts stores should have something that will work if you...
  6. TexCaliBII

84/88 Bronco 2 overhaul/engine-swap/paint/scrap

Been working on an 84, all I can say is stick with the 88, and the manual trans. Also that 2.8 is a pain to keep in top shape.
  7. TexCaliBII

Want to replace spark plugs in 86 2.9... any opinions

Stick with the motorcraft. Neither of my BIIs ran worth a darn on anything other than motorcraft plugs.
  8. TexCaliBII

double cardan driveshaft needed asap!!

What a shame, I have 2 of them lying around but shipping from ALaska would probably cost more than what you'd have to pay for the new slipjoint....
  9. TexCaliBII

B2 Sunroof

I put one in my 87 BII from a 93 Explorer. Once you get all the parts, inner and outer frames, seal and glass from the donor make a pattern from the hole in the donor's roof and take good measurements. Once I had all that I marked the roof were I wanted it and cut out the sheetmetal with a...
  10. TexCaliBII

is the front end the same on an 2wd and 4wd?

All the sheetmetal should swap over and if you are planning on sectioning the frame rails to do this repair, have fun and good luck!
  11. TexCaliBII

B2 seat replacement

I happend to notice that the Mazada Navaho, a rebadged Sport, interiors were black and I never saw an Explorer or Sport with black interiors. ANyway I put in seats from a 93 Navaho that bolted right into my 87 Bii, no mods of any kind needed. And I too have seen explorers with Bronco II...
  12. TexCaliBII

BII back hatch crack repair/reinforcement

Detailed BII back hatch crack repair/reinforcement All, I have mentioned this repair several times but now have the pics to detail it. I got this hatch off Grimmity's 90 BII because it had the bosses for the flip out window and wiper taht I wanted. I'm adding heated glass too but this is...
  13. TexCaliBII

V8 swap transfer case question

Alright, We wrenched all day and the truck is back together but will not seem to fire over. It's trying to start but won't catch. Verified the rotor is hitting no 1 on the compression stroke and the distro has not been disturbed since this motor was running in the donor. it has been a while...
  14. TexCaliBII

90 rear hatch that has factory

Thanks, that's what I'm going to try.
  15. TexCaliBII

85 Bronco II floor pans?

Hmmmm. Never seen them on LMC but didn't think to check Rockauto for them. 'Course it was quite a few years ago when I did that repair.... Thanks for that info!