•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by tomahawk350

1. tomahawk350

89 bronco II speedo ?

I have that clip that bolts to t.c. I checked advance, i think they have it for $17...
  2. tomahawk350

89 bronco II speedo ?

thanks, I had a feeling thats what Id have to do... So I would ask for a B2 or Ranger speed sensor I would assume?
  3. tomahawk350

89 bronco II speedo ?

the speedo cable came apart on my '89 B2 at the transfer case. It seem as though something is missing when I try to put it back together. the cable can't engage the gear now...It has a speed sensor before the transfer case as shown in the attached pic. Any help?
  4. tomahawk350

8.8 swap in B2-Np brake pressure-Need HELP

Figured it out last nite after reading another post. I had the front calipers on the wrong side...oops . Bleeder screws got to be on top lol
  5. tomahawk350

8.8 swap in B2-Np brake pressure-Need HELP

I'm swapping in a '96 explorer rear with disc brake. I connected the brakes like the original 7.5 rear. I swapped in a D30 in the front and connected the lines similiar to stock and used Wrangler extended brake lines. I cant get them to hold pressure even after replacing the master cyl. Any...
  6. tomahawk350

D30 swap questions

In process of doing a D30 swap on a '89 Bronco II. My question is to all that have done it before. What lift coil springs did you use? XJ coils? F150 coils? Also, What did you do to make the steering work? My D30 came from a 80's cherokee. thanks, Jason
  7. tomahawk350

lift spring for Dana 30 SAS

I'm in process of swapping a D30 in my '89 Bronco II. Any recommendations on lift springs? I have access to 6" lift Cherokee springs so was going to try those.
  8. tomahawk350

Bronco II coil spacer?

i've read all about using coil spacers on Ranger to gain 1.5-2" of lift. Has anyone done this on a Bronco II? If so what did you do to lift the back? Any negative handling side effects? my '89 has good coils up front and i think ford spacers are the way to go... maybe explorer leafs in the rear...
  9. tomahawk350

is it safe to take these things out?

Why would anyone want a carbed motor when they already have a good FI motor? FI is the sh*t for steep angles and cold temps....
  10. tomahawk350

Just have to vent

Since everyone else added to this, I will too. I was paying a F-150 payment when I bought my Bronco back for $300 in oct. In about 4-5 months and $350 in parts I have a reliable vehicle that i can go anywhere in. In January i was laid-off and in Feb. i sold my truck to be able to keep my...
  11. tomahawk350

How much will a junkyard give me

My first bronco 2 was an '84. And I was out in Coatsville today too getting seats for my Firebird. To bad i didn't have time to come look at it...
  12. tomahawk350

fuel sender

20? Are you serious? Why would there be more than 1? Guess i have another reason to get dirty crawlin under the bronco. Guess its worth it if it saves me the cost of a sending unit. thanks
  13. tomahawk350

Front bumper mount replacement

no clue what you talkin about..... RIVETS?
  14. tomahawk350

How much will a junkyard give me

Post some pics and maybe you will sell it fast? Parts are getting hard to find in my area....
  15. tomahawk350

Bronco 2 max tire size without lift?

all depends on the condition of your springs, my springs are in relatively good shape. 30 x 9.5's fit fine and could easily put 31's on. The problem is my 3.45 gear ratio. I need to swap to 3.73 gears to climbs the PA mountains....