•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by tomisb

1. T

Driveshaft Help

Thats exactly what i did and described above. Worked like a charm
  2. T

Driveshaft Help

take the front drive shaft from a first gen explorer and remove the double u-joint end keeping the slip end too. Then take the front flange from the rear explorer shaft (T case end) you will need 2 of these. The explorer front shaft is the perfect length with a single u-joint on each end to fit...
  3. T

post pix of bed lined interiors

Thinkin of pullin the carpet out of my 89 BII and am still undecided if i want rubber matting or rol on bed liner. Please post pix of bed lined RBV interiors.
  4. T

at what RPM do you shift at?

Ive got a 89 BII stock 373 gears with 31x10.50x15 wildcats 2.9L and a 5spd. I think i drive it pretty easy but im always curious as to how others drive their rigs. What RPM's are you shifting at (freeway and in town)?
  5. T

Need Help With Driveshaft problems

get the front shaft out of a first gen explorer, then get 2 of the front flanges off of the rear shaft "the t-case side". With that much lift i be you could just put the flanges on both ends and call it good with a stock length front shaft for the rear. My B2 has a 2" lift and all i had to do to...
  6. T

Full Width on 33's or 35's

Thanks for all those pictures. That's all that I wanted. I know and understand that 33's are "too small" for fw sas but I just wantedtovsee what it looked like so ill know if I should even run the set of 33's I've already got. Ultimately I'm going bigger than 35"s so noboby needs to worry.
  7. T

Just because I'm new to this forum doesn't mean I'm new to building a capable offroader. I know there's nothing wrong woth the ttb but its not what I want. What was the original subject on this thread?
  8. T

Wow mabey this is why I stay mostly in the extreme suspension section of this forum.
  9. T

Oh ive done plenty of research and I'm not gonna debate wha is better. But fw sas is what I'm going to do and 33's are readily available to me so that's why id like to see some pix of them.
  10. T

Because a straight axle will kick the shit out of this TTB garbage all day long. That's why
  11. T

Nice pix. I'm really wanting to see some on 33's. I've got set of 33's aleady. So more than likely that's that ill run.
  12. T

Im gonna go full width 79 F150 axles but only run 33's or 35's. Please post pics of full width sas with 33's or 35's. Oh and im gonna be runnin leafs all the way around.
  13. T

Stock 90 B2 will 31x10.5s fit???

Im kind of thinkin the PO installed explorer springs all the way around and neglected to tell me.
  14. T

mine are BFG AT's 31x10.50x15
  15. T

No body lift for sure. Possibly it might have explorer springs all the way around. I replaced the rear leafs with jeep comanche leafs and it just leveled it out and moved the rear axel back 3/4".