•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by truckerdawg

1. truckerdawg

A PITA Question for Y'all -Wiring

Okay I did my swap a couple of years ago. 1990 Bronco II 4.0 for the 2.9. I have been lazy since my backup lights would never work. Manual tranny. When I shift into reverse the fuse blows causing there to be no backup lights, so I disconnected the plug from the tranny-problem solved sorta. What...
  2. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Yes(the wiring on the passenger side of the vehicle from the firewall)-this was on a 90 BII, and don't remove anymore wiring than you need to from the BII. It will complicate things for you-you can always start pulling later if you need. People start cutting wires that never needed it and have...
  3. truckerdawg

My build thread

Looks good. I really like the 86 Eddie Bauer's. The tire carrier-try adjusting the plates that fit the the rear hatch higher up until it is barely possible to lift the arm off the carrier. This will make it very snug. Mine will still scrape metal on metal after lifting the pull handle up and...
  4. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Dash harness was from the 2.9. The only thing that was needed in this was the 4.0 engine wiring- to the fuel injectors, EDIS, alternator, crankshaft sensor etc.. Basically all wiring on the driver side of the BII was good to be able to plug into the wiring to control the 4.0. I used my 2.9...
  5. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Thanks dirtcowboy. You qualify to be an Appalachian redneck with all those vehicles-and yes, America that is a compliment. So I did take care of the welded washer lift in front and added 2 inch blocks in back-already had 2 inches of rear leaf spring lift. The next projects as you know always...
  6. truckerdawg

My 1990 BII Bomber 4 linked with coilovers on all 4 Corners

Builds like this will keep the BII forever popular. Good Job!
  7. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Of course, it needs new tires and wheels. But also I have welded a stack of 3 1/2 inch washers to give me another inch of height on the front-plan to add this weekend. I will deal with the back when I see the results. Changed out the dented front bumper too and went black(maybe yes, maybe no).
  8. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

To flatten everything back out I added the radius arm drop brackets, axle beam drop brackets, and a drop pitman arm. New front shocks were added at the time too.
  9. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

I know it's been awhile. Have had the BII running and been working out of state since Christmas and before. So it is time for some minor updates. I added 3 inch coil lift springs which my daughter helped with the grunt work!
  10. truckerdawg

country0001's Blue B2 build

I had a 90 BII with over 300,000 miles that lived in the snowy mountains and I know what you mean about the mounts. I drove mine till the body was just sitting on the frame without help of the mounts- boy did I ever love that vehicle. That's why I am doing another one.
  11. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Been out of town working. Got the headers y-pipe installed and hooked up the exhaust. Would like to go 2 1/4" with a hooker muffler, but the exhaust and muffler on the BII are perfectly okay. We don't have smog testing here thankfully-I don't know how anything can flow through a catalytic...
  12. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Turns out the coolant leak was my temperature switch sensor. I had planned to replace it and therefore did not tighten it up and forgot about it. The headers are on but am missing an exhaust flange(lost it somehow) and so ordered another one. Easy fit on passenger side with alternator removed...
  13. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Good news and time consuming bad news. Fired up immediately and idled smooth, BUT coolant leak in lower intake manifold gasket- I knew I didn't like the way it sat. I read a post somewhere that the one piece gaskets have problems with setting up a improper alignment( I thought the bolts would...
  14. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Tomorrow, I am going to try and crank the 4.0. I pre-lubed the engine a few minutes(turned the oil pump drive rod) high pressure melling oil pump. I am a old school carb guy even though I built a 2.9 before and got in running- I have no knowledge/sense of these computer- sensor- fuel injected...
  15. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Lower intake with Bosch fuel injectors, upper intake, a front view, and since I removed the AC compressor I changed the idler pulley to a serpentine pulley.