•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by turbo cat

1. turbo cat

What's this??

Welcome to the world of leaking turbos lol. Sucks to hear and Im right there with you on blown HGs Ive already replaced them once in the last year due to boost and now there slowly showing signs again. Not to mention my MAF crapped out so I cant get on it hard unti lI can get to the yard to...
  2. turbo cat

What's this??

When you close the throttle you lose the energy that spins the turbine so the wastegate isnt going to help you there only the bov because inertia keeps the compressor spinning. Also some guys do use bovs as bypasses at idle. The vaccum from a closed throttle keeps the bypass open alowing air to...
  3. turbo cat

What's this??

some people have had problems with recirculation and some havent. I have my bov dumped to atmoshpere after the maf with no issues. this is mostly because I have my bov adjusted to only open to purge during throttle cut. You can adjust bovs so they stay open during vaccum (idle) and this would...
  4. turbo cat

What's this??

The bov looks great so how long until the turbo spins?
  5. turbo cat

What's this??

If you couple the turbo where the cat use to be lag will not be an issue. the more lenght of pipe before the turbine the more the exhaust has lost heat=lower velocity gases that have contacted as they lose heat. Turbos love heat. With out heat and cylinder pressure (load) you will not spool the...
  6. turbo cat

What's this??

cmon load the motor up I want to hear it spool
  7. turbo cat

What's this??

looks great get it started. Do you have a wideband to monitor the AFRs?
  8. turbo cat

What's this??

have you decided how your going to tune yours?
  9. turbo cat

What's this??

:headbang::icon_welder: cool man another turbo boost junkie in the making.
  10. turbo cat

i need some advice on my exploder

are you 100% positive there rubbing on the sway bars? You may have different back spacing but My 31s only rub on the splash shields near the firewall and that an easy fix that I just havent finished yet
  11. turbo cat

Still having problems....

the ticking can also been worn pushrods which are known to wear out quickly
  12. turbo cat

Turbo Charged 4.0L BII Build

Actually rear mount turbos do spool slower on the street depending on the setup. Ive had a rear mounted TT v8 setup I dont like how a rear mount spools up on the street. Not to mention relying on a noisy scavenge pump. The only reason they spool as fast as the ydo Is becasue rear mounts generall...
  13. turbo cat

it can help but also wit hthe bigger volume and restriction of the intercooler the response time is slower. But yes it will always air that is blown by densifying the air cahrge which means more air molecules per volume. its a balancing act. if your only pushing 5 psi of boost and depending on...
  14. turbo cat

An intercooler, or charge air cooler, is an air-to-air or air-to-liquid heat exchange device used on turbocharged and supercharged (forced induction) internal combustion engines to improve their volumetric efficiency by increasing intake air charge density through isochoric cooling. A decrease...
  15. turbo cat

From wikapedia An intercooler, or charge air cooler, is an air-to-air or air-to-liquid heat exchange device used on turbocharged and supercharged (forced induction) internal combustion engines to improve their volumetric efficiency by increasing intake air charge density through isochoric...