•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by vonD1025

1. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

It kept trying to pull gas to the high pressure when the inertia switch wasn’t letting it pull from the lower. Idk it squealed loud and yeah didn’t work after about an hour. So I replaced it and jumped that switch and it works perfect now
  2. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

I ended up burning out the high pressure fuel pump because of a bad inertia switch. Ended up jumping it with a wire.
  3. vonD1025

Replaced all I could think of but not starting(fuel?)

Figured it out. Bad inertia switch, jumped it with a wire.
  4. vonD1025

Replaced all I could think of but not starting(fuel?)

So my beautiful Frankenstein monster is a 1987 Eddie Bauer Edition Bronco II. Swapped out with an 88” engine, and new manual transmission as well(was auto). Soon to be more... I’ve been working on the fuel system recently after I had no pressure in fuel lines. I replaced the sending unit/low...
  5. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

Ok so after replacing the low pressure/sending unit, fuel reservoir, high pressure fuel pump, and fuel filter plus I dove in and did the spark plugs (gapping them at .044) it ran for about an hour. I parked it and took a shower real quick. Went back out to start it and the engine sputtered and...
  6. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

I did have a huge whole in my air intake box that I had to epoxy back together. Then I ran into the fuel pump issues.
  7. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

I replaced both pumps and it worked for a bit but then burnt out the high pressure pump. I figured out there are two fuel filters as well as pumps so I’m changing the filter I missed. Getting no pressure to the release valve. Curious if anyone knows if the fuel pump is wired correctly?
  8. vonD1025

Wiring high pressure fuel pump

Does anyone know if this is wired the right way?
  9. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

So yeah little update. I went out to start it up and start checking things out. It barely cranked up and ran like crap for a sec then died. If I try to turn it over now it seems like it’s getting no fuel(I assume) ..
  10. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

Hello, So I’ve got a 1987 Eddie Bauer Bronco ii with a 88” 2.9l engine and swapped a manual transmission into it with the 4:10 gear ratio on there. I’m having issues bogging down a little bit every time I hit 3,000 rpm. I’ve been hesitant to take it on the highway since last time I lost all...