•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by wade

1. W

coolant leaking out exhuast manifold

My inclination is to tell you to only use 1 intake gasket per side. Test fit 'em - see which one fits your ports best - including the water passages. If memory serves me correctly, I once purchased a Head Set that doubled up the Intake Gaskets, too. I don't think they were cut quite the same...
  2. W

Guide studs - old trick - works great - cut the heads off and slot them with a hacksaw in case they get tight. Throw away the cork gaskets and use a thick bead of High Temp RTV. Guide Studs and RTV - that's the ticket. Torque Values are one of the "Thou Shalt's", listed in the 10 Commandments...
  3. W

Crazy8's right. Crack or gasket problem. You need a cooling system pressure tester. Is it in the oil, yet?
  4. W

What is this pipe that connects the two heads?

The "inch" (or so) that the Thermactor Tube takes up on the rear of the block is just an "inch" that the engine could be set back toward the firewall. Giving you more room at the front for FEAD (Front End Accessory Drive) and Fan clearances. Does that make it easier to understand?
  5. W

That's ingenious! But, still could inhibit set-back. FEAD and cooling fan might need every bit of room you can give them.
  6. W

No argument here on the price. But, it is the right part for the job - 5/8"-11 outside and 7/16"-14 inside for attachment of accessories if desired. If you went to a Ford Dealership Parts Dept., you might find the A.I.R. plugs available from 'em at Ford's price! If you have no intention of ever...
  7. W

Hey, "RngTrtl", I answered your post on RPS. Plugs are available through Summitracing.com. Go there and search on "thermactor plugs".
  8. W

bronco II frame question

Same, here! But I'm welding angle iron onto the outside top of the frame to recover some of the lost rigidity.
  9. W

ignition module question

I've got it all. Send me a PM, if interested. Can take pics.
  10. W

ignition module question

I have an entire Duraspark II system off of a 302 from an '83 E-150 if it will help. Can send pics if you want to see.
  11. W

ignition module question

Do yourself a Favor - Get the Schematics. Not meaning to sound assinine -- but you need to have both the donor and recipient wiring diagrams. Lay them out side-by-side. Study - compare and contrast the ignition wiring for both vehicles, and you'll probably answer your own question. There are...