•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 88broncoll

fuel sender

IF you reconnected the battery and did get some movement, its possible that it is a ground issue. Also, the top of the sending unit, on my 88 at least, was very rusty. My gauge didnt work worth a crap until i put a new sending unit in. Could be bad wiring in the plug for the sender, or a bad...
  2. 88broncoll

Explorer Mirror Removal ?

pretty much yes. If you have power windows its easier to pop the buttons out first than unscrew the connectors. I just popped it out at the bottom with a small screwdriver. You will need to unplug the mirrors also if you have pwr mirrors.
  3. 88broncoll

bronco II fuel pump problem

There is 2 pumps on her. In tank and frame rail mounted. Low and high pressure. Make sure both of them are working. 89+ only had one.
  4. 88broncoll

dana 35 automatic 4wd questions.

I know, i was told that 10 yrs ago when i bought the B2, but unlike most of you guys, I dont go offroading with it. And a lil old lady owned it before i did. no offroading there either. Mostly i use it to get myself out of a snowbank with less than adequte tires! I just dont like the thought of...
  5. 88broncoll

you got me, yes, i looked at the drivers side axle, it wasnt spinning. the passenger side was. I have the exact same truck for parts, so out i go to tear it apart. sure enough, put one hub on the passenger side, and bingo! 4wd works! thanks for the help guys. Thought i was losing my mind there...
  6. 88broncoll

Mustang rims?

I dont know what ill put on them for tires. I was on ebay last night hunting, and found a nice set of wheel spacers to set them the way i want. I was thinking a 2357516 or something like that. I have a 99 f150 2wd that has a set of 2357016. All im running now is explorer rims and 2357515. Bigger...
  7. 88broncoll

Mustang rims?

Yes the centers will have to be cut out for sure, but the hubs do fit through the rim, i was thinking(hoping) about this fact all the way home with them. Do you mean be spaced too far in on the back? im going to mock fit one to see what it looks like. They have 50 series tires on them now so i...
  8. 88broncoll

Mustang rims?

Anyone ever try these on a B2 or Ranger? I picked a set of these up for the right price. The spacing will put them in a little, but just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Thanks
  9. 88broncoll

i totally agree, but, the driveshaft IS spinning. The axles are not spinning with the wheels on. The axles will spin if i have the wheels off and the hubs off. set the hubs back on and they wont spin. im dumbfounded. OR mabye im just not liking the thought of pulling the pot.
  10. 88broncoll

So tonight i go at it again, and after alot of reading on here last night i decide to pull my tcase motor off. unbolted but still plugged in, it will turn to 4h position, and into 4l. seems to work as it should. so i set the motor back on and click in the 4wd. pull the motor off the tcase and...
  11. 88broncoll

battery drain!

ive seen the alternator do it to me more times than i care to remember on a few different ford veichles, not just the b2. If you pull the plugs out of the alternator and it stops killing it, put on a new alternator. there is a diode in there that goes bad. it would charge like a trooper, work...
  12. 88broncoll

I recentley aquired a 92 explorer, loaded , in amazing condition. Everything seems to work, except the 4wd. Now, i have the same auto hubs on my 88 b2, and it works flawlessley(yes i know, dana 28 vs 35). But the explorer wont engage the 4wd. When i push the button on the dash, i hear a noise...