•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Viva*the*Ranger

My new baby! 84 b2!

Never mind, I can't find the link. I'll have to dig up the receipts when I go home on Thursday. Edit: With a little thread hunting.............. National Tire and Wheel is the place I bought mine from. $513 shipped with the shock boots (color of your choice). If you look on the site, it says...
  2. Viva*the*Ranger

My new baby! 84 b2!

A lot of clutch work, I'm sure. OP: Great looking rig bud! I had an 87 Bii, and loved every mile behind the wheel. If I were you, I would go with the SuperLift 5.5" lift. Much cheaper, and basically the exact same thing. I don't think you'll regret having the extra 1.5":icon_cheers: I picked...
  3. Viva*the*Ranger

1988 BII Build

I would not recommend using flux core and gas. The O2 content would be way to high. Gas is the way to go for sure. But if you can get good with flux core, you will be a professional with gas. Gas is much easier/cleaner. Flux core is great in it's applications. I don't mind using it at all. Keep...
  4. Viva*the*Ranger

1988 BII Build

For the ground: Disconnect the ground from the clamp like so Clamp it to the tube like so Turn your feed down even more, like 1-1/2, and make bigger/slower passes. The splatter should lessen with better penetration, but unfortunately splatter is going to happen no matter what with flux...
  5. Viva*the*Ranger

1988 BII Build

Patience my friend....patience.. Get yourself a bunch of scrap metal, and practice practice practice. It took me a little while to get good with the flux core. Steady hand, good ground, and a clean workpiece is the key. If you weld over paint or powder coat, you will have a pretty hard time...
  6. Viva*the*Ranger

1988 BII Build

Thank man! ............................................................................................................... Yeah like I said, volts cranked all the way up, and feed at just under 2 should be perfect for your setup. I've used that model Lincoln before on some 3/8" plate, as well...
  7. Viva*the*Ranger

My V-8 B2

Looks like fun! Doing a SAS with it?
  8. Viva*the*Ranger

1988 BII Build

That would work great man. And look pretty sweet! 3/8 round stock would be fairly easy to bend with a vice and a torch too. Just make sure it's hot roll, and not cold roll. Cold roll will just snap on ya!
  9. Viva*the*Ranger

1988 BII Build

Your build is looking great man! With the welder you have, I would turn the power up all the way for 1/4", and set the feed rate at just below (2) Here's what I did for armor on the front diff beam. (This was done with flux core) Not bad eh?
  10. Viva*the*Ranger

1988 BII Build

You CAN get them to look that good. I do it all the time at work. My multi-million dollar company is too cheap to buy me a few hundred dollar bottle setup. Ha ha. Like Black B2 said, make moon shape passes, take more time, rest your wrist on something to help keep your passes consistent, and...
  11. Viva*the*Ranger

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

Good job on the swap bud, glad it all worked out well for you. It's definitely a swap that awaits my truck in the future. This thread will be quite a bit of help. Thanks! -Denny