•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Teddyzee

pcm question

In simpler terms, the engine ECU/PCM/computer controls only the engine function, you don't need it.
  2. Teddyzee

99 Ford Explorer donor

A manual trans Explorer would be a 4.0, not a 5.0 Unless it's been modded, of course.
  3. Teddyzee

Swap Question

I would try the F150 line. I don't know if Ford still uses the same fittings. That master will fit your truck just fine. If the fittings are still the same, you can use a braided AN line as well, with adapters like this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640281/ If you have access to a...
  4. Teddyzee

FSB 5.0 for a B2

And for crying out loud, its SBF!! lol ;)
  5. Teddyzee

V8 swap

Nothing will. But check out the V8 forum, lots of other options.
  6. Teddyzee

10 inch rear brake upgrade

Just browsed this topic and wanted to mention that everything from a 7.5 will interchange with an 8.8, except center section, of course. (axles, brakes, etc.) And Exceptions include large bearing housings like later Explorer 8.8s... *cough*use Mustang discs*cough* :)
  7. Teddyzee

Motor mounts

For the sake of accuracy, Fox Mustang vert mounts (same as '94/'95 coupe and other models) place the drain plug very close to the crossmember on a TTB 4wd RBV. This is easy to work around, just making you aware of this. Fox coupe mounts have a less desirable construction, but may sit the engine...
  8. Teddyzee

BroncoII 4.0 swap questions

What is the reason you need dash wiring?
  9. Teddyzee

oil filter

The upper hose is from a 5.0 Mustang. We did trim a section out of it (on the top as you see it here, under that corrugated stuff). It fit fine without splicing it, but my bro did it for some reason. I was looking at the picture earlier, too... Looks like it maybe mounted in the opposite...
  10. Teddyzee

oil filter

My '97 has the battery on the driver's side. I mounted my filter to the battery tray, directly above the frame rail. (where the charcoal cannister was...) The original adapter shown with hit the steering box on anything 1997 and older. Unless you've got the engine in a really strange location...
  11. Teddyzee

oil filter

You'll need a remote one, with a a 90* direction on the block piece. This is the one I used, there are other brands: http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-6881-C100/10002/-1
  12. Teddyzee

Oddball--but is it normal??

The cruise control is completely separate from the engine ECU. The cruise control box is connected manually to the throttle linkage with a separate throttle cable. It gets it's speed signal form the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) attached to the trans. Your'89 likely have a cable coming out of this...
  13. Teddyzee

Want to put V8 in Explorer

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
  14. Teddyzee

351w into a Bronco II/ First Gen Ranger

There are affordable aftermarket lower intakes available for the 351. I've also read accounts of people successfully using the truck intake under a stock RBV hood, but it seems to cause debate. You should also be able to easily mod the heater box for any clearance issues, too.
  15. Teddyzee

efi 5.0 with 2.9 harness

I can't recommend this style of wiring, as I've not done it, but remember that the HO ECU's (Mustang/Cougar/TBird/MarkVII, etc.) were all sequential EFI, even on Speed Density cars, so they would not work here.
  16. Teddyzee

mpg/running rich

Get it running right, pull the codes, see if anything comes up. Depending on the gearing, 31's, auto, and 4x4, that may be all you get. I get mid 20's with mine on the highway. It's 2 wheel drive, EFI 5.0 HO
  17. Teddyzee

5.0 Bronco II Handling

I don't have a BII either, but my truck didn't sag at all with the 5.0 I handles considerably better now, for some reason.
  18. Teddyzee

Motor mounts

First time I've actually seen those plates installed. Are they designed to use with Mustang mounts? They look like they'd lift the motor a little. Maybe the 4x4's need that? (different crossmember)
  19. Teddyzee

Motor mounts

Thanks! No, the oil pan is nowhere near the crossmember.
  20. Teddyzee

Motor mounts

2wd, but may help: Mounts are from Lincoln Mark VII LSC. These are the '94/'95 Mustang, Fox body vert mounts. (they all share the same part number) Can't really see a whole lot...