•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. lil_Blue_Ford

My 89 Bronco II Choptop project...

Reading through some of my build thread, I came across where I mentioned that I had an idea for something for the truck and refused to give details. Of course, since I refused to give details I don't remember exactly what I had been planning, lol. But I have a pretty good idea of what it might...
  2. lil_Blue_Ford

Looks like most of my photos were lost. I'll have to work on getting them worked back in at some point here. Until then, I got all the photos uploaded to my server so they will not be lost again. You can view the gallery at http://jjgavinpublishing.com/lbf_photo_gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3
  3. lil_Blue_Ford

So I've been mostly driving the choptop. I rigged up my chopped-up jeep top in place that I was using before and filled in most of below it with a piece of tarp. Still have to figure out something for closing it in a little better (it just has to be temporary for the winter) but it's closed in...
  4. lil_Blue_Ford

Replaced the slave cylinder so it's drivable, but I still have to do something about the oil leak sometime in the near future. I'll worry about it when I have some time to spare. I did have the choptop out on the highway for the first time last night, on the flat and downhill it would hold on...
  5. lil_Blue_Ford

Took a few minutes to check it out the other day. Looks like the slave cyl is the culprit. It's soaked in brake fluid and everything else is dry. I also discovered that the engine is soaked in oil. Soaked to the dripping point. Not sure if it's just valve covers or if it's an oil pan gasket or...
  6. lil_Blue_Ford

:icon_rofl: Hopefully your luck isn't quite as bad as mine, lol
  7. lil_Blue_Ford

Yup. Especially considering that was my last drivable vehicle. All my junk needs fixed now. But the F-150 has to take priority now because it's my work truck. Spending a day here or there on my choptop to keep it on the road is one thing, but I'm faced with a problem now. Yes, I could yank the...
  8. lil_Blue_Ford

So all that work, I pull out of the driveway this morning and BAM. My clutch hydraulics took a dump. So much fun. Chances are pretty good that it's not going to get fixed anytime soon, I need to devote all of my time (the precious little there is) to getting my F-150 fixed at this point.
  9. lil_Blue_Ford

Well, Fedex finally got around to bringing my new seal today. I had this bright idea of trying to do the seal in the truck. I pulled the pitman arm off and pushed the tie rods out of the way and promptly discovered that my "professional" grade snap ring pliers just slipped off the snap ring. So...
  10. lil_Blue_Ford

lol, thanks, only took me like 5 years to get it back on the road!
  11. lil_Blue_Ford

Since the F-150 has been up on jackstands (and I put a build thread up for it in the non-rbv build section), the choptop has become my DD. And I've been finding all sorts of bugs.... The E-brake cables need adjusted (possibly flat out replaced). It takes a LOT of force to get it down to the...
  12. lil_Blue_Ford

I've been driving it here and there, weather permitting mostly. Last day I drove it though my voltage regulator took a dump on me, since it was cheaper than a new alternator, I replaced it but haven't had a chance to drive it since because of rain. I keep cleaning up odds and ends on it...
  13. lil_Blue_Ford

New windshield is in and sporting a new inspection sticker! Although it's not exactly fun to drive it in the rain, lol.
  14. lil_Blue_Ford

Got things tacked and got the windshield out. The whole bottom of the windshield area is rusty but I think I can hit it with a flap disk and shoot some paint on it and it'll be ok. The one top corner is kinda rotted, not quite sure how I should go about fixing it (probably should have grabbed a...
  15. lil_Blue_Ford

Got some more work done on it here and there. Tore the two broken hubs apart and managed to make one good one out of 'em. Still have to put all the parts back together for it, trying to decide exactly how I should lube it up for assembly, if I should use some grease or if I should just soak it...
  16. lil_Blue_Ford

Well... it's been down the street twice and around the block once.... Managed to get most of the "little" stuff cleaned up today with dad's help. Managed to get all the important stuff checked off the list except for adjusting the one tie rod adjusting sleeve, which shouldn't take long at all...
  17. lil_Blue_Ford

Thanks! It's been taking forever and starting to really drive me nuts. Especially on the warm days we've been having. I want to be driving it again. Only sticky point right now is that I just flat out do not have the cash to spare for a windshield. Hoping some work turns up soon. If I skip...
  18. lil_Blue_Ford

Pics delayed due to technical difficulties.... ie, my camera and computer refused to play nice. But.... I got it sorted out. 35's on front and rear.... And no more big jackstands in the front. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish up the front and take it for a test drive around the...
  19. lil_Blue_Ford

Fought with it some today, managed to make a little progress despite problems.... Needed to tack weld the cap on the slip joint for the front axle shaft, as luck would have it I wasn't able to use either the stick or mig welder here, had to break out the oxy-act torches, which worked, but left...
  20. lil_Blue_Ford

Spent a lil time on it yesterday, got the axle shafts all ground for full-circle clips, got the last U-joint I needed, tightened down a bunch of bolts to final torque, dug the rest of my 35's out of the shed and put all the 33's in the shed and cleaned up my shed a little more. Still not sure...