•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

Do I Really Need 16" Wheels?

Hey guys - I'm looking for some advice. It's time for new tires and I'm wondering if I should go up from 15 to 16 inch wheels, too? I know my B2 will look cooler if I go with 16s but I don't know how else this will affect my ride. Mine's a 2WD so I don't usually need more clearance than I've...
  2. J

dashboard removal

Thanks for the info. It seems like the inside seams on the driver's side are really rusted bad. I'm wondering if taking off the inner and outer fenders might be easier than the dash and get me the access to where I need to get. Ever done that?
  3. J

dashboard removal

Anybody ever taken the dash off their B2? I've got a water leak where the firewall meets the wheel well on the passenger side, whenever it rains. I think I need to get back there and seal up the seam.
  4. J

Dummy t-case

I got no chain - it's a dummy. I just have an input shaft which takes the energy from the back of the tranny and an output which sends it to the drive shaft. When you take the front cover off there is a gear thingy connected to the cover that mates up with a gear thingy from the back - and htese...
  5. J

Dummy t-case

The thing that is puzzling me is that I get this horrible sound out of the t- case "sometimes". I took the cover off and saw there was a collar that was loose but didn't seem to have any function. And the place where the 2 gears on the inside mate up had a little play in between their teeth, but...
  6. J

Dummy t-case

Anyone know if the t-case for a manual tranny is the same for an automatic? I've got the dummy t-case and having a hard time finding a replacement.
  7. J

CV drive shaft going bad?

I just found one in a junkyard - picked it up and shook it and it has small clunk or ping coming from the inside. I just don't know if it's supposed to have a little noise or if this another bad one?
  8. J

I took off the dummy tr. case and opened it up- that's the source of my noise. There's a sleeve that goes around a sprocket/gear thing that has a little play in it, and then there is a little play between 2 sproket/gear things that one sits on the inside of the other. It's making noise almost...
  9. J

Noise comes in as soon as I'm in gear and moving. Same sound no matter what the rpms. Can't make the noise if I'm not moving in gear.
  10. J

I've got the forward/backward play but no side to side. I've also got a little play in the transfer case and at the rear axle - like I know I'm supposed to have- about an eighth to a quarter inch as I turn it back and forth. The play I'm concerned about is when I turn the shaft by hand back and...
  11. J

So, I've got a rattle when I accelerate in gear (all gears, same sound). Crawled underneath and found that the drive shaft had a little play in it - I could move it with my hand back and forth slightly without either of the ends moving. I'm thinking it's time for a new drive shaft. Can anybody...
  12. J

quick-disconnect leaking

so, should I replace it or what? Clutch has been working OK so far.
  13. J

quick-disconnect leaking

I just pulled the line off my tranny and it's pouring out hydraulic fluid. I thought these weren't supposed to leak? Any ideas?
  14. J

dummy transfer case?

I've got the "dummy" transfer case on my 2WD B2. Just pulled it off to get to the tranny and I notice there is a little play. Anybody know if this is bad or OK? Is it ok to open the sucker up and see what is going on inside?
  15. J

Dummy Transfer Case fluid?

OK, I Pulled it already. No Fluid.
  16. J

Dummy Transfer Case fluid?

Anyone know if the Dummy transfer case on my 2WD B2 has fluid in it and if so how often does it need changing? Thanks!
  17. J

How many bolts- tranny to engine?

It looks like I have 5, plus the 2 holding the starter on. There are 2 holes on the tranny case, 1 on either side, that line up with 2 small "blocks" on the engine and I guess I need to put a couple of bolts in these? The small "blocks" have another bolt hole in a different side, so I wasn't...
  18. J

How many bolts- tranny to engine?

I've got an '89 B2, 2WD, Mitsubishi tranny. Been driving on some bumpy dirt roads and some of my bolts are loose. One actually came all the way out (and luckily lodged itself in the frame where I found it). I can't remember how many I'm supposed to have? I count 2 up top, 2 holding the starter...
  19. J

B2 windshield swap 85-89?

Anybody know if I can use a windshield off an '85 to put on my '89?
  20. J

Steering Wheel Swap/ Cruise Control and Tilt

I've got a '90 B2 that I'm scavenging parts off of to put into my '89 B2. I'm thinking about swapping steering wheels - the '89 has a plain ol' wheel, the '90 has cruise control and tilt and would be much better for long trips. Anybody ever tried this? Are there any tricks or warnings I should...