•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

Do I Really Need 16" Wheels?

Hey guys - I'm looking for some advice. It's time for new tires and I'm wondering if I should go up from 15 to 16 inch wheels, too? I know my B2 will look cooler if I go with 16s but I don't know how else this will affect my ride. Mine's a 2WD so I don't usually need more clearance than I've...
  2. J

dashboard removal

Anybody ever taken the dash off their B2? I've got a water leak where the firewall meets the wheel well on the passenger side, whenever it rains. I think I need to get back there and seal up the seam.
  3. J

Dummy t-case

Anyone know if the t-case for a manual tranny is the same for an automatic? I've got the dummy t-case and having a hard time finding a replacement.
  4. J

CV drive shaft going bad?

So, I've got a rattle when I accelerate in gear (all gears, same sound). Crawled underneath and found that the drive shaft had a little play in it - I could move it with my hand back and forth slightly without either of the ends moving. I'm thinking it's time for a new drive shaft. Can anybody...
  5. J

quick-disconnect leaking

I just pulled the line off my tranny and it's pouring out hydraulic fluid. I thought these weren't supposed to leak? Any ideas?
  6. J

dummy transfer case?

I've got the "dummy" transfer case on my 2WD B2. Just pulled it off to get to the tranny and I notice there is a little play. Anybody know if this is bad or OK? Is it ok to open the sucker up and see what is going on inside?
  7. J

Dummy Transfer Case fluid?

Anyone know if the Dummy transfer case on my 2WD B2 has fluid in it and if so how often does it need changing? Thanks!
  8. J

How many bolts- tranny to engine?

I've got an '89 B2, 2WD, Mitsubishi tranny. Been driving on some bumpy dirt roads and some of my bolts are loose. One actually came all the way out (and luckily lodged itself in the frame where I found it). I can't remember how many I'm supposed to have? I count 2 up top, 2 holding the starter...
  9. J

B2 windshield swap 85-89?

Anybody know if I can use a windshield off an '85 to put on my '89?
  10. J

Steering Wheel Swap/ Cruise Control and Tilt

I've got a '90 B2 that I'm scavenging parts off of to put into my '89 B2. I'm thinking about swapping steering wheels - the '89 has a plain ol' wheel, the '90 has cruise control and tilt and would be much better for long trips. Anybody ever tried this? Are there any tricks or warnings I should...
  11. J

2.9 head bolts re-tighten?

Anyone ever gone back and re-tightened the stretch bolts on your 2.9 head? Can you mess with a stretch bolt after it has been set? The Haynes manual doesn't say it needs it, but I've been losing a little oil and getting some water/coolant in my oil ever since I put on a new head gasket and I...
  12. J

what is this thing?

It sits on top of the A/C accumulator (I think that's what it's called) by the firewall,it looks like a big, grey suppository and it's got a vacuum line coming off a 3 way running into it. The skinny little vacuum line broke off (after only 22 years!) right at the suppository. I got the line...
  13. J

Explorer leaf springs don't fit my B2

I've just gotten some explorer leaf springs to put into my B2 and the center pin on the Explore springs is just a hair forward of the spot on the B2 where it's supposed to go. Any ideas? Can I just widen that hole and make it fit? Do the springs just need to be compressed?
  14. J

rear suspension problem/capacity

My B2 is starting to sink in the back. Been driving around the country for 8 months with a few hundred pounds of stuff in the back and on the roof. Anybody know how much weight in the back is capacity for the B2? It started out OK last summer but now it's getting worse and I don't know if I...
  15. J

valve lash adjustment

I just noticed in the Haynes manual that after I adjust the valve lash on my 2.9, it says "run the engine and check for leaks". Does anyone know if they mean to run the engine without putting the valve covers back on? Seems a little strange to me but this is the first time I've done this. Also...
  16. J

cant' shift into1st/2nd

I have a '90 B2 with a Mazda 5-speed manual tranny. I just got a replacement from the junkyard and it doesn't want to go into 1st or 2nd gear-running or not, clutch in or out. Looking down into the top of the tranny where the stick shift goes in I can use a screwdriver to put it into 3rd, 4th...