•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. tomahawk350

89 bronco II speedo ?

the speedo cable came apart on my '89 B2 at the transfer case. It seem as though something is missing when I try to put it back together. the cable can't engage the gear now...It has a speed sensor before the transfer case as shown in the attached pic. Any help?
  2. tomahawk350

8.8 swap in B2-Np brake pressure-Need HELP

I'm swapping in a '96 explorer rear with disc brake. I connected the brakes like the original 7.5 rear. I swapped in a D30 in the front and connected the lines similiar to stock and used Wrangler extended brake lines. I cant get them to hold pressure even after replacing the master cyl. Any...
  3. tomahawk350

D30 swap questions

In process of doing a D30 swap on a '89 Bronco II. My question is to all that have done it before. What lift coil springs did you use? XJ coils? F150 coils? Also, What did you do to make the steering work? My D30 came from a 80's cherokee. thanks, Jason
  4. tomahawk350

lift spring for Dana 30 SAS

I'm in process of swapping a D30 in my '89 Bronco II. Any recommendations on lift springs? I have access to 6" lift Cherokee springs so was going to try those.
  5. tomahawk350

Bronco II coil spacer?

i've read all about using coil spacers on Ranger to gain 1.5-2" of lift. Has anyone done this on a Bronco II? If so what did you do to lift the back? Any negative handling side effects? my '89 has good coils up front and i think ford spacers are the way to go... maybe explorer leafs in the rear...
  6. tomahawk350

fuel sender

When I got my bronco II last october, the fuel gauge didn't work. Recently I disconnected the battery for a while to weld some stuff. After reconnecting the battery and filling the tank as usual, the gauge is now reading half tank. Still not right, but it moved. Do you think the sending unit...
  7. tomahawk350

front axle - std or ls?

I just finished rebuilding my front susp, all u-joints and ball joints. When refilling the front axle with lube. it barely took a qt. and I did not add the friction modifier. My ? is - do i need to? I can't find anything in the owner's manual stating that it is limited slip. I thought the...
  8. tomahawk350

Bronco II susp. lift ?

I missed out on a 4" susp. lift on ebay that went for $75. My question is with a 4" lift what is done typically with the draftshafts? Do they have to be lengthened? My bronco II has the CV style rear dshaft. What about a 2 or 3" susp. lift?
  9. tomahawk350

replacing pinion seal ?

Chilton says to replace the pinion nut after removing the old one. Is that necessary? I'm about to change the seal, any advice?