•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. S

4.0 Swap

Alright, got the engine ready for the taking today and man oh man, I nearly passed out when I saw how similar the two engines are. I mean, this is gonnabe a piece of cake, the hardest part is going to be rebuilding the engine. It runs good, but it could use it and I don't want any trouble with...
  2. S

4.0 Swap

So, I've been given a little gift from a kind friend......a 4.0 V6 with tranny and transfer case and computer from a 1992 Explorer. And its still running great, the guy who had it before just tore up the front axle putting it into a ditch. This is going to be my winter project, but after I've...
  3. S

Explorer front and rear axles on a Bronco 2

Aren't the explorer axles abit wider? Even so, I'm going to check out the gear ratio in the explorer and compare it to my Bronco. Also, since I have recntly flipped my Bronco and the front axle is making some noise I think it might just be a quicker fix than tearing apart the axle I've got.
  4. S

Explorer front and rear axles on a Bronco 2

Alright, this might be a dumb question, but can you put Ford Explorer front and rear axles on a Bronco 2? I know the back one can be done, but what about the front? I was told they are both three inches longer. My Bronco 2 is a 1990 and it has the dana 35 up front. I recently rolled it and I...
  5. S

Passenger Side Thunk?

Well, I jacked up the truckand drove it with the rear wheels off the ground. No noise. I looked over the under side of my truck and everything seems to be where it needs to be. I haven't measured anything yet, but there's no sign of breakage on any part of the drive line and nothing appears to...
  6. S

Passenger Side Thunk?

Yes, its once per wheel revelotion. Haven't had much of a chance to look at it yet, but its also sitting abit higher on the passenger side now. The tail pipe is good as far as I can tell.
  7. S

Passenger Side Thunk?

Alright, so I hit some ice and flipped my lovely 1990 Bronco 2 onto its passenger side in the snow. It dented my passenger side and blew out my door window, but the tow truck flipped me over and I drove it home, great truck....BUT now there's a thunk noise coming from my passenger side. Sounds...
  8. S

new Bronco 2 owner

If I convert to a stick would that take away my push button four wheel drive? That thing is really nice not having to get out to lock my hubs. Call me lazy
  9. S

new Bronco 2 owner

Thanks, I'll look into the C4, I wasn't sure if the bolt pattern would match up. How do you all feel about steel radiator hoses?
  10. S

new Bronco 2 owner

I just recently purchased a 1990 Bronco 2. This thing is great! I live in Kodiak, Alaska and this thing just climbs up steep hills and over rocks and through rivers. And i hadn't even done any work on it at the time! That being said, I have started to do some serious work on it as it is a...