•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. trail B2

pedal assembly and compatible years.

Mine were the same shaft so bushings fit.No spring that I know of.
  2. trail B2

thinking of switching auto to manual.

I just got a 4.0 5 speed for someone else.In a 91 exp. got it for $300 but maybe it was a good deal.I would look for something like this and change the motor as well.If you get the tranny offer him less not a lot of buyers either.Even if the slave is pretty young put a new one in in my opinion.
  3. trail B2

pedal assembly and compatible years.

My 86 has 92 peddles. I put 91 peddles in a 94 but I had to swap the bracket that bolts under the dash.
  4. trail B2

Lift Install problem

Can you hold the bolt head at the top of the traction beam?Take the spring centering bottom washer on your good side there is a bolt head there can you hold it to turn the nut?Then you could get it apart maybe get lucky enough to get it to tighten up again.
  5. trail B2

99 Explorer Clutch Questions

The slave is good advise.Test that your hydraulic line plugs into your slave couple different ones.Let the tranny hang underneath extensions to get to the bell housing bolts.
  6. trail B2

Different 4.0

Hoping for more than one response.Thank you shadow probably a 91 was thinking maybe someone put something different in there.
  7. trail B2

Different 4.0

I had a 91 Explorer recently abandoned on the edge of my property for about a month.I had someone approach me about a five speed which this one had. I found the owner and made a deal happen to get it out of the way.A lot of good parts but I don't need any.My question is I've had a 92 and 93 4.0...
  8. trail B2

Fuel Pressure Issues

Have you thought about going to Harbor and getting a cheap fuel pressure gauge? I borrowed a cheap one last year worked great.You didn't mention changing the filter in the unit under the drivers seat that could be it but not very likely.Don't rule out electric problems I've had weird issues with...
  9. trail B2

Going to put a 99 Explorer d35 and 4.0 into my 86 B2 need advice.

I think you have three good choices.Drive the Explorer.Take the Explorer motor out find a donor for the other parts.Sell the Explorer buy a good donor.If you attempt the job your talking about at a low skill level your going to take way more time than this thing is going to be fun.If you don't...
  10. trail B2

89 bii front springs retainer?

I use a 1-1/8 combo wrench.When it's extended clear down you have to jack it back up straight to get a socket down through the middle.The wrench just seems easier to me.
  11. trail B2

Going to put a 99 Explorer d35 and 4.0 into my 86 B2 need advice.

Your on the right track now use the older dana 35 out of a Ranger or a explorer and forget about your ifs setup.Mine has a 93 motor in it I traded the dash and steering column at he same time.It worked real good for me like the newer dash better but you need to research to find out about the...
  12. trail B2

Big Bronco 2 Conversion

I had a 95 F-150 and looked into putting half ton in the B2.The thing I couldn't figure how to get around was it was to long,no drive line left.I think your going to have to run V8 explorer drive train behind your 302.If you cut the frame to make things fit your probably going to end this...
  13. trail B2

F100 to 86 B2 swap

The 390FE is a very big heavy engine.If it's an old F-100 it came with a 360 or 352 same block.It would be a very big job because you would have length problems too.
  14. trail B2

Clattering noise from front end

Radius arm bushings make a pretty heavy clunk under with an under your feet feel to it.It wouldn't hurt to jack up the ttb axle and make sure your tire doesn't wiggle at all.If your like me need to check those lug nuts too.
  15. trail B2

odd ball

I bought a junk 92 explorer for the 5 speed it had the 3:27 gears too.
  16. trail B2

Air in fuel rail?!

When this happened to me it was the tank pump not working properly. It doesn't keep up with the high pressure pump and the vacuum makes the gas boil.Thats what creates the air in the system.You replaced the tank pump did you make sure its getting juice and running ?The strainer and tube not...
  17. trail B2

BII wont start

How did you address the neutral switch override.I that still connected?If you put a hot wire on the starter solenoid switch side does it turn.
  18. trail B2

1988 Bronco II Upper Ball Joints

I got mine to start moving with a long punch from the bottom once the axle is disassembled.Then I was able to get it from the top.
  19. trail B2

Body Lift vs Suspension Lift?

I have a 2" body lift and Ranger blocks in the rear with a 2" lift in the front.I went on later to put in longer radius arms. Then 4" lift springs and shocks with raised spring buckets.A 4" suspension lift is the best looking and off road.I never had drive line problems or drivability...
  20. trail B2

88 b2 crawler build

I'm going to buy one for a diff i'm putting together as soon as I recover from from helping my daughters.I was wondering which one was better.It seems like a hard steel pin would work best but i'm sure they got it figured out. When you change your rig into a hard core trail machine drivability...