•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. litlred

timing

ok so a 4.0 from a 91 exploder is 10 btdc, how do you adjust it?
  2. litlred

BII axle swap woe.

Im running a d35 from an explorer, with my old d28 drive shaft, fits fine, but i do have a 6" lift
  3. litlred

4.0 swap question....

I dont know how to post pictures but if you want me to email you some i will. do you want pictures of the engine in the truck or the connecters i was talking about? Its not hard to swap it, there is alot of stuff that goes into it, just make sure you do alot of research. If you have ever taken...
  4. litlred

4.0 swap question....

ok, that made perfect sense, i dont need the door stuff right now so i figured id go ahead and swap the head light harness like jason_paul stated but that didnt work for me, my lights work, but my engine wont turn over from the key, I did the trick to see if the starter solenoid was working, and...
  5. litlred

4.0 swap question....

jason_paul stats in the tech library, 4.0 swap #1 "About the engine harness, my swap was from a 91 into a 90. I pulled all of the harness out of the engine compartment including the fuse box and lights harness. this allowed it to be a straight plug in swap without having to splice any wires...
  6. litlred

4.0 bellhousing issue?

why do i need a mirror? have i argued with you? reed my post again please? As far as the trans i seen at the junk yard, it is possible that its a fm-146 connected to a 4.0 lt engine... right? cause you never know who might have attempted this swap before... that my friend is fact. Yes, factory...
  7. litlred

4.0 bellhousing issue?

I'm not gonna argue with you Allan. Don't reply if your gonna be argumentative, I don't have have time for stupidity, so thanks for the input. I do appreciate the help. ive ground the ribs like you suggested. I think it will work fine. Have you had to do this before?
  8. litlred

4.0 bellhousing issue?

well the one i looked at did. im not sure what it came out of, but it was a 4.0 with manual 4 wheel drive trans. not sure which trans though. it was laying outside
  9. litlred

4.0 bellhousing issue?

Im doing the 4.0 swap into my b2 and im wanting to keep the original fm-146 trans to keep the cost down. i installed a new flywheel and clutch kit for the 4.0(10 inch) and now my bellhousing is hitting the pressure plate inside, have anybody else had the same problems? :dunno: I did go to the...
  10. litlred

4.0 swap

I walked around the junk yard for 3 hours yesterday, finally found a computer for the 4.0 with manual out of an exploder, but i couldnt find one in a ranger at all. nearly all the explorers was automatics, that should tell you something about the autos..lol
  11. litlred

4.0 swap

Thanks for the help, ill check it out.
  12. litlred

4.0 swap

Ok ill reword my question. Should I use the harness that I have now from a 4.0 with automatic, or should I try to get one from the junk yard that matches the computer (4.0 and manual) that ill be getting? I'm sure its different where the transp plugs in. Thanks
  13. litlred

4.0 swap

Ok, so I need the 4.0 computer. So I'm running a manual, so I need to pick up a 4.0 manual computer. What do you think that will cost from the junk yard? Which wiring harness did you use? Thanks.
  14. litlred

4.0 swap

ok, ive been doing alot of reading on this subject but im still uncertain... im swapping a 4.0 from a '91 explorer with bad automatic trans to a '90 bronco ii with good 5 speed.. im not sure which computer to use, i know the auto is computer controled so i should use a manual computer but will...
  15. litlred

Rolling over?

call me stupid... but i was able to roll one back in high school when i had a tire blow out. but as far as weeling it, ive had mine in hole almost on its side (if i was the passanger i could have grabbed the dirt) and walked it back on all 4 (without any damage), of coarse i wasnt doing 80 in a...
  16. litlred

question on springs

would a 6" skyjacker susp lift kit, bought for a 90' bronco ii, work on a 91' explorer? i know the rear is different, im curious if the front is the same, and would it lift the front the full 6''? thanks for your help, all i can find for the explorer is 5.5'' lifts
  17. litlred

Dana 28 Diff swap question?

if your changing ratios, you might wanna make sure you change both the front and rear axle... if not have fun in 4 wheel drive... the 28 is a smaller chunk than the 35, so it has a longer drive shaft, i did the swap in mine and was able to keep my drive shaft, but only because i have 6'' susp...
  18. litlred

4r70w

is the 4r70w a decent trans to do a v8 swap in a bronco ii? is there any known problems? thanks for any help... :icon_confused:
  19. litlred

no start

so did it end up being just a ground wire or something?
  20. litlred

no start

makes me wonder if they hit something loose or melted a wire while welding... if its turning over, is the fuel pump coming on? i know it sounds wierd but i had mine in the shop on a rack and for some reason the switch under the dash, passanger side, kicked out.. have you looked at that?