•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. D

shifter

have 86 b2. shifter has lots of play. having a difficult time locating shifter bushings. any ideas??
  2. D

burning rich

got an 86 bronco ii..its running rich..it tries to stall at times depending on how long its been cut off..replaced fuel filter and run numerous fuel treatments but no luck..got new plugs, new plug wires, replaced map sensor and throttle position sensor..wondering if it could be screen in fuel...
  3. D

starter

Yea i've got a fm 145 also. it seems that those are rare or something cause most of the time the parts houses have everything except for fm 145 trans parts.
  4. D

starter

hey you said you got yours at a parts house, well i'm not having any luck with autozone. where did u get yours from, we may have one here where i live.
  5. D

starter

It shifts into all gears fine and stays in gear 1st through reverse but shift lever has A LOT of play in it. Just thought the ring that is wore out could be found at a local parts store or does the whole thing have to be bought??
  6. D

starter

Not to sound stupid but just started working on this bronco ii, think i have starter issue resolved, just bought a new flywheel and put it on, so far so good...next question, any help would be good. manual trans shifter is very loose, took it off and the white looking ring that surrounds the...
  7. D

starter

had samething happen already tapped new hole for bolt. lasted a week now sittin in driveway and starter just spins. wonder why the parts store sells same starter regardless if its man or auto, but sell different flywheels based on trans type....this is gettin old....
  8. D

starter

neighbor has 85 model and has no brace on front of starter and no shims. just wondering if maybe flywheel is for auto trans instead of manual but this was the one on the truck when i got it. i just swapped motors to an 89 motor with auto trans, so i used flywheel off original motor and took off...
  9. D

starter

had new starter for about a month. gradually got to where it grinds on the flywheel again. checked flywheel and all teeth are good. as far as i know doesn't have a support bracket just has two bolts to tighten it to flywheel. as far as i know the flywheel is for manual trans. but according to...
  10. D

starter

checked flywheel it is in good condition. just wondering if starter needs a shim in it or something cause i know you have 2 different flywheels depending on trans so maybe u should have 2 different starters as well
  11. D

starter

got a 86 bronco ii with a 89 motor. new alternator, starter, starter switch, ignition coil, starts drives great til u turn it off then starter whines, wait a few hours and it starts again. tried everything! is there a difference in starters for auto vs man 4x4? all electrical seems good, battery...