•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. T

overheating?

My stepdad took me out the other night to teach my how to drive a stick, after awhile messing around in a parking lot i looked down and the temp gauge was passed 250..im assuming thats pretty hot? i checked the radiator and its filled up. could it be from not having much air pass through the...
  2. T

stripped lug nuts

Just got another b2 that only needs brakes, but there are two lug nuts that wont come off. Any suggestions on how to get them to come off? i tried using heat and really big breaker bar but its just not working. Please help. thanks
  3. T

wheel base stretch

Whats the easiest way to move my 7.5 in an 86 bronco II backwards? how far can i go without doing anything crazy? any help is appreciated thanks.
  4. T

stretching the wheel base

whats the easiest way to move the rear axle back? whats the furthest it can go with out going crazy? any help is appreciated. thanks
  5. T

86 bronco II questions

this morning my bronco was blowing out a lot of white smoke from the exhaust and the oil pump guage was higher than normal, could it be from it being freezing this morning? or is something else wrong?
  6. T

fender cutting

is this something i can do in one afternoon with a sawzal? i only want to cut about two inches off.
  7. T

rear lift

i was at the auto parts store and saw some two inch lift blocks and shackles, both say they work with most leaf spring applications. would i be able to use both on my bronco II?
  8. T

bII cant stay charged

im finally getting around to having my 86 bii road ready. the battery is new and the alternator is ok too but after charging and starting and letting it run for awhile it wont start after i shut it off and i have to charge it again. i have no idea what to look for any help is appreciated. thanks
  9. T

spindle bearings

86 bII dana 28..If i need to replace the spindle bearings can i still drive my truck as long as its not in 4x4? thanks
  10. T

body swap questions

My bronco II has soooo much rust on the floor that is not worth spending the time to fix it. I have a ranger body to put on it, do i need to take the fenders off my bronco when putting the ranger cab in? also whats the best way of shortening the ranger bed? any help is appreciated thanks
  11. T

few questions

1. I looked on the tag on the the inside of the the door and underneith axle it says "44"..what does that mean? 2. Are all four wheel bearings the same? or are the inner and outter different? all help is appreciated thanks
  12. T

is it supposed to be hard?

I just got the new ball joints in the knuckles and put them in. is it supposed to be hard to move the knuckle side to side? i wouldnt think it was supposed to be. any help is appreciated. thanks
  13. T

bronco II questions

Is that some sort of locking mechanism under the ball joint stud? and if so how do i get it off? Also for a four inch suspension lift will i need a longer drive shaft? all help is greatly appreciated. thanks
  14. T

Will this work?

i stripped the interior of my bronco II in order to put truckbed liner down. when i pulled the carpet up there was a big rust whole in the back by the hatch. and then under each of the front seets it looks like a 5-6 slice in the middle, like someone was too heavy in the seat. would i be able to...
  15. T

stupid snap ring

there is a snap ring you have to take off to get to your wheel bearings, ball joints, ect. when you take the outer hubs off it is the next thing to remove. i couldnt for the life of me get this stupid thing off with snap ring pliers and picks but i dont know what else to do. any suggestions? any...
  16. T

95 explorer transmission problem

i have a 95 explorer sport for about a year now and only driven it about 6000 miles. it has a 4.0 and automatic transmission. the odometer is about 131k miles, and now it needs a new transmission, is it common/uncommon for the transmisson to go out at that many miles?
  17. T

bII body off

Today i gutted the interior of my 86 bII because i wanted to rhino line it. after all the carpet was out theres a huge whole in the back by the hatch and one underneath each front seat. i dont want to deal with rust so im thinking im gonna swap an 88 ranger body onto this frame. exactly what do...
  18. T

88 ranger 4x4 conversion

I have a 86 bronco II but the motor and electrical system is all messed up. My stepdad has an 88 ranger 2wd. Can i take the front axle, transfer case and drive shaft and put them into the ranger? without a lot of fabrication or anything? any help is appreciated. thanks
  19. T

Will this fit

A friend of mine is willing to sell me some real nice 33's for cheap and i need so i need a lift on my bronco II in order to fit them. Will a leveling kit and a 3 inch body lift fit 33's? thanks for the help
  20. T

bronco II lift

About how much lift would i get if i put explorer leafs and springs into my bronco II? thanks, morgan