•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Forcus

starter problems

I don't know if I am reading it right but it sounds like it works great and until the third or fourth time when the bolts loosen up, or stretch, just slightly enough to change the alignment. I'd recommend getting grade 8.8 or better flange bolts, doing away with any lock washers, and using...
  2. Forcus

2.8l leaking oil need help

Can't say for sure but you may have some wear on your crank snout that is not letting the seal seal for long.
  3. Forcus

New owner need help with oil pan removal

Oh yes and one other thing, be careful prying on sealing surfaces, you don't want to create a leak area by marring it. It's usually easily fixable but just something you want to avoid.
  4. Forcus

Well, if you put the bolts back in the pan and moved on, I don't think it would be any worse. The issue is usually that the gaskets harden and crack from heat and age and so everything might seem tight but you have seepage from an area where a piece of gasket fell out. Personally, if I was in...
  5. Forcus

Couple things, there is not a ton of clearance between the oil pan and crossmember, especially if the mounts have sagged. You may have to either use an engine hoist to lift the engine up or a jack to raise the front of the engine so that you can remove the pan. Also the pickup is there and if it...
  6. Forcus

EEC question

Thanks! I probably will post a new thread so I don't whore up this poor guy's or anyone elses! My only problem is taking a break and snapping pictures. When I get rolling, I like to keep going! But I am fully documenting my as-good-as-factory spray bomb paint job right now.
  7. Forcus

EEC question

Don't be too discouraged!! My truck ran pretty good, started up on the first revolution of the engine, but was pushing major league oil in to the air filter. Then it would end up burned out the exhaust. I checked the left cylinder bank and found the cylinders were around 75 PSI, 100 PSI being...
  8. Forcus

EEC question

I apologize for the misinformation. I am looking at the 83 / 84 2.8L diagram right now and you are absolutely right!
  9. Forcus

EEC question

I understand what you are saying bud. The emissions cr*p is a rat's nest at best (though not the worst I have seen... try an 80's RX7 especially the turbo's). Both of those should be emissions only devices. However, there may be the side effect of a check engine light if they are removed. My...