•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. A

1-2" suspension lift . . .

A slight lift for my 90 was as follows: Front: I installed progressive rate front Explorer coils resulting in a 1.5" lift. The spring rate on these is a tad too lively for my liking though...in hindsight I would probably opt for some super heavy duty (non-progressive) coils and lift it with...
  2. A

Driveline Noise

Thanks Shran...I'll inspect the r/f wheel bearing later today. The single piece driveshaft and rear axle are relatively new...but will look at the ds joints too.
  3. A

Driveline Noise

I put on 4 new BFG tires thinking the 5-year old ones were hard with flat spots because I was getting a droning rotational noise...the faster I went the faster the noise. The noise is still present. No vibrations. Now I suspect a possible worn u-joint...perhaps on the right front axle (Dana 35)...
  4. A

Transfer case 4wd question?.

Clarify...manual gear selector on the transfer case or is it electric-select which I believe all automatic trannys have? If electric, it sounds like the installer got the wires crossed down on the transfer case.
  5. A

Befuddled on Camber

My left front measured out at just under 2 degrees positive camber. After reading up on all of the pertinent posts, I pulled the stock bushing. It was a zero degree non-adjustable of course. Before running up to the parts store to pick up a 1.75 degree correction bushing, I cleaned up the bush...
  6. A

New Explorer Coils on the BII

Yes...I had it realigned. The symptom really isn't bump steer as steering is not impacted at all. Is is more of a bump "launch". The Bilstein HDs I installed were for a BII, yet the coils are for an Explorer. Wouldn't you think there was sufficient expansion resistance on the Billies to...
  7. A

New Explorer Coils on the BII

After installing some progressive rate Explorer coils and Bilstein HD's (front & rear), the front height went up about 3/4"...which is what I wanted. However, while driving the front corners tend to overreact and spring up quite a bit if I hit bumps or slight road indentations. Did I get too...
  8. A

Mass air flow sensor ?

:icon_confused: I believe the request is for diagnostic information. Unfortunately, I don't have that info for PLCREW. I would like to know too!
  9. A

water neck outlets

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/full.aspx?Page=106
  10. A

Safe engine temp

Overheating in Vancouver? You have a problem. Cooling capacity or flow: condition of radiator and/or most likely an inoperative thermostat (stuck closed or only partially opening). Also confirm that your bottom radiator hose isn't collapsing.
  11. A

Engine Temp Gauge/Sender

Allan...I think that is exactly what was occurring (increased resistance to ground). I pulled the old one and set it next to the new sender and at the same temperature they were almost identical in the reading. Put the new one in and then pulled the thermostat to test it. T/S worked fine...
  12. A

Engine Temp Gauge/Sender

Thanks guys...picked up a new sender today for $6...gauge works fine now.:yahoo:
  13. A

Engine Temp Gauge/Sender

Saturday...gauge was reading 1/3rd from cold with hot engine (normal condition). Didn't go to church Sunday and God's wrath struck my BII engine temp gauge. The gauge started out normal but quickly (within a few minutes from cold engine) moved up to full hot...like the red glow around the...
  14. A

Problems!!! Help!!!

BTDT...but what is truly stupid: I've done it several times. Look for the simple basics first. :buttkick:
  15. A

Front Seat Belt Receiver Trim

Thanks guys...I didn't see anything listed at LMC. I have to hit the boneyard this weekend anyway for a BMW wiper motor so I'll peruse the B-stock then.
  16. A

Problems!!! Help!!!

To answer your earlier question...if you can it hear a snapping/zapping sound like you did, it is most likely a bad plug or coil wire secondary wire (from coil to distributor: infrequent / from distributor to plugs: likely culprit). Time to send you the completion certificate for the beginner...
  17. A

Problems!!! Help!!!

I think Odie is on the right track. The zapping is high voltage...spark plug or coil secondary wire(s) grounding out causing misfire. If these have never been changed, time to invest in a custom fit set. Try kingsborne.com...great product at a decent price.
  18. A

Front Seat Belt Receiver Trim

My newly acquired 90 Bauer has torn up/shredded hard plastic trim that supports the seat belt receivers (on either side of the center console). It is a pain trying to buckle your seat belt...have to fish down between the seat and console to find the buckle and then hold that part with one hand...
  19. A

Hinge Pins - Spare Tire Carrier

Well Erin go braghless! Haven't visited Eire yet but plan to in a couple years. Cool that your grandpa was stationed there...Army Air Corps? Did he fly? If so, what plane? My dad flew thunderbolts back then. On getting back to NC...probably be a few degrees warmer and a lot drier ehh? PS: we...
  20. A

Hinge Pins - Spare Tire Carrier

Mtrhd I see that you are in Northern Ireland. Are ya in Belfast? I'm two generations removed from the Ballymoney-Cloughmills area.