•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. lost86broncoii

1989 Bronco II $1000 Washington

I am considering selling my bronco ii, I was planning on moving here to Seattle but now am going to move back to Florida for family reasons. It's an 89 with 127k, it's blue with white wagon wheels and snow tires. Manual shift transfercase, Automatic transmission, windows and locks. The truck...
  2. lost86broncoii

A4LD question, fluid level? Clogged?

Hey guys, I picked up an 89 Bronco II with a "bad" automatic in it. I was told it would need to be trailer cause once the transmission heated up it would lose 3 and reverse. When I test drove it, it did lose reverse for a minute. Had to sit and move the shifter around for a minute or two before...
  3. lost86broncoii

Auto hub on manual hub hardware?

Sweet, thanks and good to know destroyer, I am guessing that snap ring at the bottom of the hub unlocks the cam, any tips for removal?
  4. lost86broncoii

Well i would wait but the bearing sounds like death and i have got a long drive ahead of me this week so i would like to replace the bearing today and get it sealed up some how first, can't wait for the proper hub sadly. How hard is it to gut an auto hub get all the shit out of it so it's just a...
  5. lost86broncoii

Hey guys I just picked up a 94 explorer that's missing one of the front manual hubs, the guy's been driving it like that for a couple months now with the bearings exposed... I hit up the junk yard and could only find an auto hub, my question is will the auto hub fit on it for now till i get the...
  6. lost86broncoii

FM 146 fill plug?

Hey guys I just picked up an 88 bronco ii on thursday, its got a bit of a problem with first gear grinding, was told linkage, still trying to find where to get that... But my question here is where is the fill plug on the FM 146, I think i've found it but it looks smaller than I thought it...
  7. lost86broncoii

B2 seat replacement

On some of the explorer seats the frames are stamped bronco ii, I got a set of blue leather seats from an explorer 1st gen I forget the year, but they were marked for a bronco ii lol. And I agree 100% with djhitz on the seat backs being higher and better for safety, they're the way to go...
  8. lost86broncoii

FM146 install after AL4D removed

I am looking at doing a AL4D to M5OD-r1 swap on my 86 BII and have been wondering the same thing myself...
  9. lost86broncoii

86 BII to 92 explorer tranny swap?

Good to know Shran, cause I was looking at an 84 bronco ii's pedals but I had a feeling they looked different than the 86 I used to owns pedals... I need to find a better junk yard around here. I believe there was an 87 ranger with a 2.3 5 speed at the yard I wonder if that would work?
  10. lost86broncoii

86 BII to 92 explorer tranny swap?

Hey guys, I need to do something about my automatic in my 86 Bii, and I have a 92 explorer 5 speed with a rusted out sending unit/fuel lines sitting in my yard. My question is what do I need to do about the pedals, can I use the explorers pedal's without swapping the steering colum and dash? Or...
  11. lost86broncoii

Dizzy problems?

Well I checked my timing in my 86 bronco ii, its in the middle of the 12 and 22 mark with the spout connector pulled, so I figured it would be a great time to install the new accel TFI module I've had laying around for a few months now... took off the bolt and little bracket on the distributor...
  12. lost86broncoii

Bronco II Stability

I know something you can do, instead of blocks to lift the rear, build your own set of stiffer leaf springs. It can be done for around 30 bucks, hit up the junkyard. I used a set of full size dodge leaf springs for their double spring clamps and extra strength of the full sized springs. I...
  13. lost86broncoii

Firing order or timing?

I think my firing order might be messed up or the distributor flipped on 180. How can I tell if its off, I don't have access to my bronco ii to compare the caps and see whats up, I checked in the tech library and set up my wires according to that, its turning over better but still not firing and...
  14. lost86broncoii

Help!!!

Yeah I agree with Greasemonkey, check your inertia switch on the floor board. I have an 86 ranger I changed the fuel pressure regulator on and unhooked my relay to run the gas out of the line. When I hooked it back up, for some reason my switch was fired... the button was where it should be but...
  15. lost86broncoii

Cats on bronco ii?

Hey guys I am still having a little trouble with my 86 Bii running a little rough but mostly lacking power and sucking gas, been leaning towards the cats getting clogged up, the exhaust is starting to get smelly at high speeds? When driving short distances its not very noticeable but when I hit...
  16. lost86broncoii

TFI trouble

Hey had this posted in the bronco corral but no answers and its more a 2.9 question, so here it is,my 86 Bii has been running rough for a while now, stumbles every now and then but just last month she started stalling when coming to a stop, unless foot on gas or in neutral before i start...
  17. lost86broncoii

New Bronco 2 owner needs help

1.Grinding popping noise during take off or acceleration,sound like it coming from the back or center of vehicle?? Gotta go with "whatelseisleft" said, driveshaft. I had the same thing going on with my 86's, twice I have owned two lol. Both had CV style driveshaft's and both made grinding...
  18. lost86broncoii

TFI troubles and woes.

My 86 Bii has been running rough for a while now, stumbles every now and then but just last month she started stalling when coming to a stop, unless foot on gas or in neutral before i start breaking. So I cheated and turned up my idle at the throttle body, its not stalling but still running...
  19. lost86broncoii

Dipstick Tube, please!

Hey i just picked up an 86 ranger friday for my girlfriend and it too has a rusted out dipstick, the guy did the rubber hose over it deal, it kinda works but its flimsy as hell and takes like ten pulls to get a decent reading. Just changed oil 2 hours ago and was reading half a quart low, the...
  20. lost86broncoii

manual trans from 92 ex to 86 bii?

Ok so i got under my explorer and found more rust than i really wanna deal with, but it's a 5 speed and i've been dreaming about making my 86 bii a 5 speed for years. I don't have a garage to do it in though but i know the bronco ii inside and out, so my question is... Someone having done this...