•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. C

4.0 swap question....

This might help: http://www.broncoii-ranger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9135#9135 I swapped everything that would fit from a 92 Explorer into a 86 B2, including the steering column and box. All of the lights work, but had to make adapters for the headlights. The only wiring that is outside the cab...
  2. C

4.0 swap question

Is the 4.0 a OHV or SOHC? Either way the transfer case to front end may be a problem, different type of connection on the drive shaft. Ray
  3. C

these gauges suck

Did you swap the entire wiring harness when you did the dash? Ray
  4. C

8.8 axle swap?

Have you measured the cap diameter and the cross lenght? Mine were the same size, only had to change the flange. Ray
  5. C

rear main seal replacement 2.9

It is a one piece seal. Basically, all you do is screw two wood screws into the seal until they bottom out the turn them evenly, one then the other and the screws will pull it out. Some have said to use the screws to pry it out, I haven't tried that way. Try this link for the installation...
  6. C

F150 brake lines?

My front factory lines are short when the suspension is unloaded. The only problem with those long lines might how to keep them from rubbing or finding their way into some place you don't want them to be. You should also check to see if the connection to the caliper is compatible. The ones I...
  7. C

help/suggestions for 88 BII engine stumble/cutout

Keep reading about the 2.9's. I ran one for over 240000 miles with regular maintenance and oil changes. They are near bullet proof. They also don't have any more issues than any other Ford V6. Ray
  8. C

4.0 swap wiring

Check my last post here: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73529 Ray
  9. C

bronco II rear drive shaft

Most of the front drive shafts from Explorers are double cardon on one end. That is good or bad, depending on who you talk to. It will more than likely need to be shortened an inch or so. They have u-joints on both ends, are 30 1/2" long collapsed, center to center of the u-joints, the u-joints...
  10. C

4.0 swap how original

Try my Photo Bucket: http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae89/Clems86B2/RBVelectrical/ Note: at the bottom of each picture, it tells what it represents. The Ranger/B2 has one for diesel, the last 2 are for Explorer. Ray
  11. C

4.0 swap how original

If you are only swapping the engine, it should be a bolt in without any changes other than the obvious wiring and such. Did you use the mounts that came with the 4.0? Did you reverse the mounts, one side to the other? I cannot think of any reason why you would end up with the engine being back...
  12. C

4.0 swap how original

I stuck a 92 4.0 with a 91 M5OD in my 86 B2 last summer, had to move the trans cross member back 2 inches. The previous trans was a TK5. Of all the swaps I have read about, yours is the first to have to move the cross member forward, especially that far. What are you putting in for a...
  13. C

What To Do With Transfer Case Vent Tubes

The tubes are vents, I installed the "T" and ran the tube up the firewall. I don't remember if I put the plug back in it or not, if not just use a push lock button like those that hold the door panels in place. You still fighting it, or are you just wrapping it up. Ray
  14. C

Rockauto closeout parts!

I get it every month or so from Rockauto, I'll start posting a link when I get them. I don't know how to find the rest of the closeout/specials, but this is the link to the main catalog: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/racatalog.php Ray
  15. C

Rockauto closeout parts!

RBV closeout parts. http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1106154&m=wc&l=en&html=true Ray
  16. C

engine swap

4.0L OHV (over head valve) from 91 to 98?. You will need to keep the wiring harness and all the sensors that are stock on the engine now. You may need to change out some parts for your sensors to fit the new engine. The 4.0L SOHC will bolt to the bell housing (minus 1 bolt), but the rest will...
  17. C

u bolt size

The stock Explorer u-bolts are 3 1/4" wide and 7" tall with about 2 1/2" of threads. The Explorer housing has 3 1/4" tubes, the B2 has 2 3/4" tubes. You should measure the diameter of your tube, add the height of the spring perch and the thickness of the spring pack plus about 1 1/2" to get the...
  18. C

Swapping in the 4.0L

The steering column isn't a requirement, but it will make the use of the dash go a lot easier. The hole in the firewall will have to be enlarged a little, but a die grinder takes care of that pretty quickly. The steering column has all the wiring that matches up with the rest of the wiring in...
  19. C

Put an 88 front end on a 90?

Haven't done this, but from what I have seen at the wrecking yards, so long as you used the radiator support it should work. The body lines on the doors would be your only cosmetic problem I think. Ray
  20. C

Swapping in the 4.0L

This thread will get plenty of hits. Find a good running 91-94 Explorer, the body, and transmission are not important, but a good manual transmission model will cost less in the end. Swap everything from the Explorer to the B2, ECM, heater/AC, steering column, dash and all wiring, some of the...