•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. A

Borla Headers,,,,,,

Im wondering if anyone has had the Borla Stainless Steel Headers on their BII or Ranger or Explorer ? Where they a pain to work around, install or in the way otherwise ? Any noticeable mileage or performance gains ? I have a pair with the Y pipe and I would like opinions first before I install...
  2. A

New Battery Sounds dead

battery,,, starter,,, First off, Find an Auto parts store and get brushes for your starter. I would suggest pulling your starter out, take it in the house where its warmer. Open the starter up, (The long bolts), there will be a build up of road grit and grime in there. Have a can of spray...
  3. A

Tires rubbing on Sway bar

tires What size are they 31x10.5, 12.5, 9.5, That can make a big difference also. I would think that it also could be something you can get used to and not turn so sharp. :icon_cheers:
  4. A

It sounds like its the wheel bearing,, BUT--

OK Never mind anyway,, I was just kinda stuck on stupid there for a bit, I never thought about the spindle bearing in the hub. I am gonna go change it out and see what happens. I have extra parts vehicle so this will be quick easy and painless, I hope.
  5. A

Wet carpet

Leaks ? Hey Nathan, You said you sillyconed that corner of your windshield, As you drive and the wind and moisture are blowing, I would try sillycone along the entire top edge and more of windshield. As you drive the moisture hitting vehicle, that will find the smallest of holes to seep into...
  6. A

fuel pump shuts off

Fuel Pump Have you checked the Fuel Pump Relay, Or do you have one on yours. You probably had a mechanical pump before and went to electric.? I am not sure which years the electric pumps were being installed in tank. OK I didnt see where you said when you unplug and plug back in that it...
  7. A

It sounds like its the wheel bearing,, BUT--

I have not really seen much about my issue, and I am wondering if I am on the right track. You know when your wheel bearings are goin bad and gets worse as you round corners, I took mine all apart cleaned all up, put it back together and Im ready for that noise to go away. And there it is again...
  8. A

Replacing engine

Swaps ? Hey Country, You forgot the third leg of that tripod,, Tools, or patience.
  9. A

help with hesitation problems

Timing Issue ? Its been awhile since I have had to work on a carburetor, It took me a few try to spell it right just now, ANYWAY, when I had performance issues I would start with a can of good carb cleaner, start the vehicle, gain access to the carb, rev it up and spray away all around the...
  10. A

94 EXPLORER not getting power to fuel pump??? help!

Fuel pump ? The easiest things first, on passenger side of transmission hump, pull back the carpet and check the inertia switch has good connection. After that I would try the fuel pump relay in the power distribution box under the hood. I would say 80% chance it will be one of those. BUT if...
  11. A

94 explorer brakes dragging/locking up

Brakes What you might also want to do if your not swapping to disc anytime soon, is to get a NEW bottle of brake fluid and flush your lines completely and make sure the master cylinder is clean and not full of stuff growing on the bottom. Did you do new wheel cylinders or at least rebuild them...
  12. A

94 explorer brakes dragging/locking up

Brakes If the brakes are getting loose or tight I would think the adjusters may be installed wrong sides, The thread direction makes a difference. In fact that reminds me I need to change one of mine out. I forgot to check mine and I had all in a pile and just grabbed one realizing later the...
  13. A

What to do with aging explorer

Cleaning Carpets ? Hey MachGirl, If you need a different cleaner for the seats or maybe headliner, I have used stuff called "Folex". I found it at The Home Depot, I think Walmart may also have it. I have used it with great results on stains.
  14. A

1992 ecu

92 ecu,,,,, Hey Pyro Are you in need of a 92 ECU Cal Emissions ? I JUST happen to have one that I stripped down the vehicle and that was one of the parts I kept,, Get back to me if you still need,, $30 plus shipping, Dang, Sorry about the Hugemongous letters, I wasnt payin...
  15. A

Tach Question!!

Alternator I don't get why people buy new ones,, why not just replace the brushes for about $5.00
  16. A

starter

Starter I do know there is a difference in starters for Auto and Manual for the 4.0, so very possible for yours as well,
  17. A

Speedymeter Question

I just got another 4wd 2door Explorer a couple weeks ago, its automatic and good shape well takin care of, and even came with paper work to show that someone else put another transmission in it a number of years ago with not many miles on the rebuilt,, ANYWAY - Anyone know what makes the...
  18. A

Thinking about getting a 2 door explorer

I was looking in Las Vegas Craigslist abit ago and there was a 91 or 92 Explorer I think with bad trans the ad said will take anything, they just wanted it gone,, So if anyone near Vegas looking for parts or a fixer there you go,
  19. A

please someone help me dash

Rear Anti Lock Light If the rear Anti Lock Light is on, more than likely that is an indication that your rear brakes are needing replaced,, I just got a 91 xplorer 2 weeks ago and that same light is on, on my dash, I had to change front brakes, they were grinding like hell, and the backs are...