•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. nate12346

doing eng swap

Ive done the swap out of an 94 explorer. It is a verrry tight fit. Take out the AC cooler, Radiator, and Rad Fan to give you the precious forward inches you need.
  2. nate12346

How hard is it to do a body swap?

I have my completely destroyed bronco II body that needs to come off and be replaced with a new one. what all needs to happen before you can lift the body off? Thanks a ton
  3. nate12346

Question on Master cylinder/clutch

Will the master cylinder from a 1994 ford explorer bolt on to the bronco II? Thanks :icon_twisted:
  4. nate12346

My Bronco II plans

why not save up to do phase 2 before/after the engine swap and skip phase 1 and just know that you cant unleash the 5.0 until the rest of the drive train is built. I have the 4.0 cant unleash it because the clutch is slipping. I have been getting 32mpg on the highway haha 18 in a mountain...
  5. nate12346

engine problems 1988 B2

When I had the 2.9L in mine. It would get hot quick climbing the mountain roads to the the trails. If it got too hot it would stall and wouldn't start until it cooled down enough. Cracked heads and leaked oil like a sivv. It was a mess. I would do all of the above posts and pressure test the...
  6. nate12346

can anyone answer this? 4.0 Rad in a BII

um yeah that's why I'm doing it.... turbo Thank you guys! I had to replace the fan because my idler pulley seized and unscrewed itself from the block and destroyed the old fan. I have the fan from a 4.0 auto trans engine... not sure if that makes a difference, but anyways Thanks again!
  7. nate12346

Yeah that's what i meant haha. The 4 core. I have been running a little hot with the 2.9 single core so i was gonna go pick up a new one. Thank you very much for answering that haha. I asked it like a month ago and didn't get an answer. oh and as for that other post, I have a 4.0L engine with...
  8. nate12346

Does a 4.0L radiator from an explorer bolt on to an 88 BII?
  9. nate12346

Rough Country 4" Lift Question

Yeah this is the most recent. The whole truck is painted in Herculiner I am doin a whole bunch of work on it now
  10. nate12346

Nice. Im running the same lift with the same extras haha I love the kit! the rear springs are just a little stiff though. Im thinkin about taking off the flat helper spring. But I also chopped the top so it lost a lot of weight back there.
  11. nate12346

No it is telling you that the sway bar needs the drop brackets the the steering stable kit will not work because of the sway bar brackets. So Im going to say no to the steering because if you are daily driving, the sway bar is needed much more. If you are just offroad all the time, i think the...
  12. nate12346

4.0 wireing

no i just spliced the explorer wiring into the BII headlights and taillights
  13. nate12346

2.3 into a BII.. Am I crazy?

I thought about doin a crown vic V8 swap since you can get used cop cars for dirt cheap, but like everyone else said, anything other than a 2.8/9 or 4.0 swap takes a lot of custom work to fit it
  14. nate12346

4.0 wireing

Yeah I was able to keep everything in, but I didn't have any controls to begin with. Everything is manual in my rig. I did have to do a little wire work with the dash gauges and small things here and there, like the headlights/breaks. I have no reverse lights, mostly because I got lazy. My...
  15. nate12346

4.0 wireing

What I ended up doing is buying the whole wrecked explorer and literally transferred every wire from the explorer over to the B2. Then I just plugged everything in! :) Took less time than sitting and figuring out each wire.
  16. nate12346

Turbo Charged 4.0L BII Build

Well I have some bad bad news.... I was crawling around in a empty house lot last weekend and rolled my truck!... Mechanically it is perfect. I busted out all the windows except the front windshield and driver side window. With a bunch of body damage. The roof held up a lot better than i...
  17. nate12346

No no no lol.... Not over... POSTPONED till November :) Im pissed though because no one keeps to their word. I would be cruisin in my turbo charged bronco II.... It would have been nice to have goin up 2 mountain passes.
  18. nate12346

Hey guys sorry for the lag in posting. I had to pack all my stuff up for school. And I just bought 400 Bones worth of textbooks...OUCH lol. Anywho my bro took the digital camera camping and he got back tonight, so I'll get the pics up in the morning. :)
  19. nate12346

Yup!.... I just really wanted to get it done to show off up on campus lol. Do a lil "Mall Crawlin." Oh well I guess a Strait piped 4.0L Lifted BII is enough of a head turner for now:tease: Anywho I got my flanges made for the exhaust... They turned out a LOT better than I expected, being cut by...
  20. nate12346

My flanges are round so i dont need to hit them with a hammer lol. I know mandrel bent is best, but like you said its $$$$$$$.... Im gonna run down to the exhaust shop and see if i could go through their scraps for mandrel bent stuff. I need to make a custom Y pipe also. As school draws closer...