•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. jims89broncoII

96 ford explorer 4x4 question

try this link. it should answer all your ?'s http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147419&highlight=brown+wire+mod+writeup
  2. jims89broncoII

found this. it might help Type 1 (2WD, Auto4WD, 4LO) 95-96 Explorers came with the type 1 your referring to, and have an actual 2wd mode. Burn the rear tires all you want here. Lock it in 4wd and you can manuever nicely like an AWD vehicle due to the clutches. When wheel slippage is sensed the...
  3. jims89broncoII

well, you would have to put it inline with the auto setting wouldnt you since the tcase is something like all time 4wd? because if the rear wheels slip it sends a signal to the auto hubs that engauge them to catch traction. i dont know about this forum but i know alot of guys did it on their...
  4. jims89broncoII

well what i did to my 01 was i spliced a 2 way switch inline with the brown wire going to the 4x4 dash switch. left the dash switch on 4auto, turn the inline switch on for 2hi. it could also give you 2low by keeping the inline switch on and shifting the dash switch to 4low... for whatever...
  5. jims89broncoII

my guess is the shift motor is shot... you can replace it cheap expecially if you find one on here. if you pull the Tcase shift motor you can see what the its is engauged in, youll see it says 4lo 2hi 4hi,then you can manually shift it with some plyers. you can put a 2 way switch on the brown...
  6. jims89broncoII

where to mount hi-lift on B2

never been there. have always wanted to go though.
  7. jims89broncoII

i probably will. also like what i see whats goin on with the b2
  8. jims89broncoII

awesome, like how you mounted it. may just borrow the idea if you dont mind!
  9. jims89broncoII

B2 - wanna work somethin out to get that bumper guard? pm me if so...
  10. jims89broncoII

Project El Taco...1990 BII

makes me wish i kept the 4.0 sohc out of my explorer i sold a week ago!! :bawling:
  11. jims89broncoII

shoot this is my thread anyways, but shootin pms or makin a plan in here then postin a thread for others to join should happen soon... i say a trail ride sometime maybe late jan, early feb would be good for me. i have some stuff i have to get done on my B2 or I aint goin!!!
  12. jims89broncoII

its about 2 hours from me. so thats not bad at all! just as long as I have plenty of time to plan it out i'll be good to go!
  13. jims89broncoII

Low/No Lift and Big Tires on a BII

get some EB warflares and stick some 33's or 35's under there! I love the way those look on B2's
  14. jims89broncoII

always lookin to jack someones thread for a good trail ride! jk man. i think its a great idea!
  15. jims89broncoII

Low/No Lift and Big Tires on a BII

haha, thats crazy. :icon_rofl:
  16. jims89broncoII

wish i saw how you mounted it though. cause i really like it!
  17. jims89broncoII

trailmaster kit fitment help

sounds good man. i know you can get some 4" rough country shocks on ebay for a pretty good price. I've never ran them, dont really know how they ride.
  18. jims89broncoII

can you not even special order lift shocks from an auto parts store there?
  19. jims89broncoII

yea, the brackets are not the best. i have the RC 4" lift on my B2 and the drop plate bracket has a little bend in it. its slight but i know its there so it makes me nervouse about it. ill eventually do a eb44 & 8.8 swap. but till then ill hope my brackets hold up. i'd def go with the explorer...
  20. jims89broncoII

or just find a duff or skyjacker drop bracket to replace the plate drop bracket