•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Nathan123

Snow Chains

http://www.tirechain.com/TRUCK-SUV-CHAINS.HTM looks like around a hundered bucks a pair
  2. Nathan123

how much should a bronco ii sell for

Well guys, I turned to the darkside...I bought a chevy. It's a 95 shortbed with 130,00 on it. Anyway...I have to get rid of my 89 deuce and just wondered what the going price on a bronco ii should be. It's a little rusty on the fenders and fram with 210 thousand miles.
  3. Nathan123

bii sitting level or not

Going by the roof line, I'd say it's sitting pretty close to level. The front fenders are cut up higher than the rear, so it gives the illusion of sagging when sitting level, explorers are like that too. I personally like a little bit of rake, so if it were me I'd throw 1" blocks under it...
  4. Nathan123

surging and dies

I think your best bet for the fuel pump ground is just tap into the ground wire in the harness (the color is in a haynes book) and just run your own wire to a good ground, then you know it has a good ground.
  5. Nathan123

surging and dies

My 89 does this exact same thing. I've just been fooling with the setscrew for the tps...it seems to be affected by weather conditions for me, maybe thats just coincidence? It real sketchy when you let off the gas to come to a stop or slow way down to make a 90 degree turn and it stalls and...
  6. Nathan123

Exhaust ideas for B2 2.9

Here's my exhaust. It's a magnaflow "high flow" cat with a thrush turbo muffler. Pipe goes under the frame and dumps out the side in front of the rear tire. I made my own flange to bolt to the y pipe, so everything from the y back is 2.5"...
  7. Nathan123

Painless Dual Battery Kit Install Question

If you have power windows they're hot in run only. Also the fuel pump and the radio. But it's not a good idea to pull a lot of current through them.
  8. Nathan123

ideas on how to??

If you have the ifs front suspension and have vaccuum locking hubs, you can go with the avm locking hubs. They run about $150ish for the pair iirc. We put them on my dads 99 ranger and they've been great so far. Of course he doesn't do hardcore wheeling at all. I think there are some guys...
  9. Nathan123

acceleration and maintaining speed issue

I definitely second the inaccurate speedo. I'm running 30's on mine with 3.73's, thats about 3 inches bigger than a stock tire, and when the speedo shows I'm doing 55, I'm actually doing about 59, according to gps. I will say though that mine is an automatic and I can wind out to about 3500 in...
  10. Nathan123

8b2 leaking in the front of the cab any ideas?

Here's how I fixed my leaky cowl. Mine wasn't rusty at all, but there are guys on here that have major rust holes in the cowl panel that need cut out and replaced, which isn't so easy. This stopped most of my problem but after about 20 minutes or so of rain the floor still got wet. I caulked...
  11. Nathan123

8b2 leaking in the front of the cab any ideas?

It's either your windshield leaking or the seams in the cowl that are leaking. More than likely it will be one or the other or both of those places, but you could also have a rust hole in the kick panel or where the kick panel meets the floor.
  12. Nathan123

rear shock mounts

The passenger side on my 89 snapped, I had to go to a junkyard. Took a sawzall and cut the section of frame out. Charged me 5 bucks. Took it home to grind the rivets out. IIRC there is a styl with 4 rivets and a style with 3 rivets, and I think it's year specific.
  13. Nathan123

Fuel system shutting down

I replaced the fuel pump and spliced in a direct ground. That 5 volts sounds about right though, I never measured anything I just remember reading about it. When I was sitting in the parking lot with a bronco that wouldnt start, the check engine light wasnt on, I just pulled the codes and got...
  14. Nathan123

Fuel system shutting down

If you jump the inertia switch with no luck, check you codes. This happened to me and I got a code (I dont remember what it was but the book tells you) about a open ground in PCM for the fuel pump circuit. If your fuel pump relay is workin fine, try grounding the fuel pump. It seemed to me...
  15. Nathan123

Yes, ANOTHER trans question

My 89' does pretty much the same thing. I can get it to stay in OD if I don't completely let off the pedal though. It's not feeding gas, but the weight of my foot is still there. If I do let my foot off completely then get back on it, it will be in 3rd gear and I'll pick up whatever speed I...
  16. Nathan123

what am doing wrong???

To get the t-case off, first make sure that you took out FIVE bolts. Then apply slight pressure with a floor jack, try some gentle taps with a dead blow. That should break it free and you should be able to slide it off the output shaft. As far as the TC, make sure the trans is in neutral and...
  17. Nathan123

Bronco II "weird" Trans Noise

Could it be the driveshaft clicking? Mine did it only under medium accelerations, not while cruising or idling around. I doubt that a u-joint style shaft would make a clicking without vibrations, so this is only an answer if you have a cv style shaft.
  18. Nathan123

Das Broncon, Build and Wheelin pics. (pic heavy)

Wow that is a really sweet socket and looks like it would work much better than the standard one. It does take some coordination to keep the prongs in the lock ring while your crankin that hard on it. Plus its a steal at 11 bucks I payed like 40 for mine from napa a few years ago!
  19. Nathan123

Das Broncon, Build and Wheelin pics. (pic heavy)

When I swapped in my manuals, I didn't need to use a socket for the large nuts. Just make sure you take the little locking wedges out of the key way before turning the nut. I used a magnet and gently rocked the nut side to side and the little key lid right out. Someone else has said the...
  20. Nathan123

You know you drive a bronco II when

Just remember they always say the dollar value of your rig is inversely proportional to the size of your.......ahem.......confidence.