•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 0

Fuel pump?

In 1989 for the Bronco II Ford decided to make things a little less complicated and use just one in tank high pressure pump for the fuel system, just like pretty much every other car or truck on the road. So if you have a 89, it has one in tank pump.
  2. 0

dura spark conversion

Sure you have a duraspark distributor? correct me if im wrong, but i though durasparks where only found on carbed vehicles?
  3. 0

Please help 2.9 valve adjustment

no problem, yeah i considered that when i had my bronco II, but after research i found that adjusting them does nothing for the valve tap, unless of course by chance you bought one that had valves that were already messed with and out of adjustment. If your tap isnt too bad, unless you really...
  4. 0

Please help 2.9 valve adjustment

for future reference...dont adjust the valves on a 2.9, the hydrulic lifters are, supposed to be anyway, self adjusting. The valve tap is do to a poor oil flow design, and it isnt fixable by simply adjusting the valves.
  5. 0

Fuel Cell questions?

some stock in tank pumps, can be used externally... If you are looking for a pump you can run outside of the tank, you can order a fuel pump off of a late 80's early 90's lincoln towncar or pull one for the junkyard. (im sure the same fuel pump was used on other models...but i got mine off of a...
  6. 0

How much voltage to fuel pump?

i have a few ideas, you could always check it out. Are you sure your only getting 6v AT the pump ONLY? Stupid question, but its best to start with the simplest cuases 1st before going more in depth. Check the battery terminal JUST to be sure. even if the truck cranks over fine. you never...
  7. 0

Well...Anybody got any suggestions?

if it were my truck i would try and bend the a pillar back, beat the roof back down, and have the split welded back together, and use ALOT a silicone to stop leaks, but thats just me hahaha Unless my vehcile is new, and never goes off road, i dont care how it looks...
  8. 0

88 b2 problem timing chain

it depends if the 2.9 is an interference motor or not. (this means if the a valve stayed open, while the piston is top dead center, would the valve and piston collide) I vaguely remeber looking this up abut 2 years ago and i beleave the 2.9 is NOT an interference motor. but dont quote me on...
  9. 0

Fan CFM on a 2.9

this is true, keep in mind the stock fan is powered by a v6, and the electric one is powered by a puney electric motor. Yes, i know that doesnt mean too much, you have can have an electric fan that has higher rpms then the engine driven fan will achieve....buts it more reliable to stick with...