•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. copperminer2002

no 3-4 in a4ld please help

I had to change the wireing harness on my 88 Bronco II My tranny has a three prong plug on the tranny and I think it is for the 3-4 shift and the TC lock up The wireing harness I found only has a two prong female plug end. I was sure the one I took out had the two prong also and it shifted fine...
  2. copperminer2002

A4LD wireing problem

I had to change out the wireing harness on my Bronco. I found that the 3-4 plug on the tranny had three pins, and the wireing harness I put on only had two. I found a three wire plug but don't know where the the wires go. The two wire plug had a red wire and an orange wire. The plug I found fit...
  3. copperminer2002

how do you check the timeing??????

Read the thread just above yours, need help truck won't start. Maybe that will help you with the timeing.
  4. copperminer2002

need help truck wont start

When you think you are on the compression stroke, look down at the crankshaft pully and see if the pointer is any where near the TDC Top Dead Center mark on the pully. It is pretty easy to go past the mark just by feeling it with your thumb. Turn the crankshaft pully with a 1/2 in. drive ratchet...
  5. copperminer2002

My 88 BroncoII project

Hope this helps.
  6. copperminer2002

My 88 BroncoII project

•Check the ignition switch. •Connect a 12-volt test lamp from the coil tachometer (tach) terminal to ground. •Turn on the ignition switch. •The test light normally should be on. if the test light is off, there is an open circuit in the coil primary winding or in the circuit from the ignition...
  7. copperminer2002

My 88 BroncoII project

HAd to log back in. No, you don't touch the wire to the starter post, you jump the posts across. If you don't have a jumper wire, just use a screw driver and touch it to both posts at the same time. Use an old screw driver tho, cause it will get real hot real fast. A jumper wire is best, but be...
  8. copperminer2002

My 88 BroncoII project

Nice project. First thing you should do is check the battery connections, make sure the posts and cable ends are clean. Next, tkae the small red and white wire off the starter sylinoid, and jump it across to the big one that goes to the starter. If it doesn't turn over then, chances are you need...
  9. copperminer2002

need direction

I am thinking about swapping a 5.0 FI into an 88 Bronco II or my 88 Ranger. I read the thread by rwenzing, Explorer 5.0 swap, but that seems to refer to the later model RBVs. Anyone know a good thread about swapping in an older vehicel? Just need to know how much trouble I would have, or even if...
  10. copperminer2002

no pulse to the injectors!!! 2.9L

Got it going Well come to find out I did have pulse to the injectors. After spending 40 buks on a set of noid lights, I found the problem. It was my dumb mistake. I hooked a wire on the wrong post on the starter sylinoid. An ingition wire that should have been hooked to the hot side of the...
  11. copperminer2002

bronco 2 wont fire

Well I put the old battery ground wire back on. It was built to ground to the frame and to the engine block. It still won't start but at least it sounds more like it wants to. I made sure the pins in the FI loom were clean also. Hoping someone out there can help us.
  12. copperminer2002

BII hood will not open

pull on the hood release instead of the ebrake release
  13. copperminer2002

Ahhh somethings not right!!

where did you get the flared fenders?
  14. copperminer2002

Wiring diagrams needed

You can go to autozone.com and regester. you will find all the wireing diagrams you want.
  15. copperminer2002

bronco 2 wont fire

Hope you find the answer. I have the same problem with my Ranger. I have no pulse to the injectors. I am going out today and check the ground wires. I heard someplace that the ground wire fore the battery should me attached to the frame and the block. Don't know if thats true but will find out...
  16. copperminer2002

no pulse to the injectors!!! 2.9L

I just replaced the 2.9L in my Ranger, with the one out of my Bronco II. No difference in the two, but now I have no pulse to the injectors. I read on here some place that the negitive ground wire should be attached to the frame and the chassie. The one I took off was, but the new one just...