•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. T

Will a 2.9 intake/fuel injector setup fit and work on a 4.0

umm just because the 2.9L is ticking doesnt mean its going to explode.. EVERY...and i mean EVERY 2.9L iv driven ticked...my last one sounded like a diesel it was so bad... ironically my ranger ticks too (4L) it also sounds like a diesel... i wouldnt get a worried about it!
  2. T

The end on a wonderful day..

u divorced froggy?
  3. T

Blown motor question

u dont "agressively" drive that festiva do u? :icon_rofl::shok:
  4. T

good choice
  5. T

Just a random thought

why not just swap interiors? then while ur at it drop in the 4L from the explorer u rip the interior from :D
  6. T

Lost power to rear wheels...

he has a one ton bronco? pics!
  7. T

i agree with 99% of the guys here. take that woman out to dinner and a movie! id DIE to have my g/f come out and even show alittle interest in what im doing! but cutting out for fender flares on my truck? WOW id be blown away even if they werent even CLOSE. u got a good one there!
  8. T

lift or not to lift

my 4L and 3.55 gears will turn my big 35's aswell...i get right around the same mileage i did with my 31's (when u take into account the change in the speedo and trip meter). just gotta keep the rpms up to between 1600-2200 rolls nice around those rpms
  9. T

lift or not to lift

lift it! i threw a 2 inch BL on my ranger and managed to stuff 35 inch tires on it :D add a grinder and now i can fully flex my 35 inch tires with a 2 inch BL :D iv had people tell me that suspension lifts were a bad choice and that a small body lift with cutting is DEFINITIVELY the way to...
  10. T

Largest Tires W/O Lift, But W/Cutting

stock axles go SNAPPITY SNAP SNAPPITY SNAP OH YEA :icon_rofl:
  11. T

Who Makes The Better Lift?

id get a james duff lift with the dual shocks then scrap the springs in favor of some 6 inch lift XJ springs for some mad flex...but thats just me lol that would be with the JD 5.5inch lift
  12. T

Header Question

and i dunno about the 4L but the 2.9L's crack and break alot so why not upgrade? cause nothings worse then getting those things off when its installed in ur engine bay!
  13. T

88-90 pacesetter header fitment

hmm good to know...but the b2 project was scrapped due to the price of heads in my city...world product heads (if u can find them since they stopped making them for the 2.9L) run around $440 a piece OEM (not the improved design) run about 380...so i found a ranger and was planning on a swap...
  14. T

actually i figured it out....it would half to be the same because of the world product heads and the updated heads...the manifolds would have to share the same bolt pattern.. SWEET since i looks like i have to swap out my heads anyways i might as well get some nice headers to go along...
  15. T

i was looking at pacesetters website i believe... anyone know the answer to my question?
  16. T

ok well besides the fact that those years didnt have the egr do they mount the same as the 86 and 87 years? got a cracked header and would like to upgrade alittle since im in there :headbang: anyone know?
  17. T

Anyone runnin' steelies with 30's?

yep im running the stock steelies with 31/10.5's and yea the middles with probably wear pretty quick...but i just have a cheap set of grabber at2's on there for city driving...gunna get some nastier mud tires on the bullet hole alloy's that i got later
  18. T

Need Alittle More Info On Manual Swap

i dont think that should matter much tho? so long as there is lock tite in there and its torqued down there shouldnt be a problem. no?
  19. T

oh ok i can probably get that cheap at my work! and that runs from the big post on the starter to the big post on the starter solinoid. the one facing the truck basically? ok blue loctite is on order. i also just scored a barely used warn m8000 for $450!
  20. T

well the parts pile is almost complete..last couple questions and i should be good to go! do i need the flywheel bolts or can i use the bolts from my auto? (im assuming flex plate bolts?) i almost have the wiring figured out i think... what guage wire do i need for the big terminal on my 4L...