•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. T

5 sp shifter play

Nevermind, I figured it out. Just have to save the money to get the bushings and washers, and the two pins.
  2. T

5 sp shifter play

Ok, since I got my explorer's trans swap done, the 5 sp shifter has a lot of play in it. Like 1-2 inches, making it very hard for me to get into reverse without grinding gears.. Does this mean the trans is bad? What would I need to do to fix this?
  3. T

EX auto tranny to manual swap

Yeah, my friend just wanted to get it done, he didn't seem to care if it was done right at all. I'm really mad at him for leaving me to fix this crap on my own.
  4. T

I'm at wits end with this damn thing. I've had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS since I did the swap. First my solenoid on the fender won't start the damn thing, now I have to use a push button start. NOW the clutch line at the slave cylinder is leaking like crazy. I dont know what wires on the engine...
  5. T

Anybody??? Come on, someone's gotta know something. Now, my truck started acting up today. It started idling in the 2-3,000's. It won't start right now either. It will chug then choke itself out and not start, and when I do get it running, it idles so high it scares me. It was running fine...
  6. T

So what about the cruise control, how is that taken care of through the wiring harness? Does that go with the clutch switch?
  7. T

Yeah we took the exhaust off....not sure which wires went where as i didnt do that part.
  8. T

Anyone? Gotta be someone here who knows what's going on?!
  9. T

Its from a 94. Bought it used off ebay. Don't know if it works. The seller doesn't take electronics back either.
  10. T

OHHHHH. Ok awesome! I saw two wires one on each side towards the rear of the tranny, both were completely disintegrated. Any ideas on the other stuff?
  11. T

WELL, I have some interesting news. I switched the auto computer back in, and the truck works now. Its still a bit shaky on the low rpm range, like its hesitating tho. I have an exhaust leak up by the manifold on the left side that I have to take care of. I NEED NEED NEED a manual wiring...
  12. T

We got the swap done in two days! However, we cant get it to run right. It acts like its getting flooded then wont go period. Have no idea why its not starting. We had to install a push button ignition cuz the solenoid isnt working either....what have we done wrong?
  13. T

WELL, looks like I may not be getting my tranny swap done. I have ALL the parts, but my friend who was going to assist me in doing it has gotten a new job and doesn't know if he can take any time off. I cannot afford to have this done at a shop. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and just...
  14. T

Water pump vs head gasket

Does anyone know how long an engine can go with a timing cover leak before it HAS to be replaced? This is a pretty big job and not sure when I'm going to be able to get it taken care of.
  15. T

I am buying the parts and going to have it done locally. I figured the dealership was just trying to make more money on labor charges. They usually always do...
  16. T

WELLL, I had a pressure test done today. They found a leak in the timing chain cover. And they also said my water pump and thermostat need replaced as well. Stealership wants to do that and a Front Crankshaft Seal also, all for only $1200. F*** that. I'll find somewhere else to have this stuff...
  17. T

No, that's kinda why I was asking...I am going to find out how much a pressure test will cost me then have it done before I do anything else...
  18. T

Yeah. I'm going to try the radiator stop-leak stuff and see if that helps at all.
  19. T

Ok, so I've been checking my exploder for water leaks, as I am losing water now. I don't have that chocolatey colored oil that is common in head gasket leaks, and I'm not blowin smoke out the tailpipe. However, I am having to fill my radiator a minimum of every 2-3 weeks with coolant/water. Its...