•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. prerunner

Prerunners B II under construction (finally!)

Thanks Josh. There seems to be two ways to build any truck these days. Some are content with adequate (say, D 44 + 8.8) axles but others believe if you have anything less than D 60's under it - your truck sucks. I didn't have big plans for this when I bought it. But over time I've decided that...
  2. prerunner

Just curious. Anybody try to put Ford Super Duty axles in an RBV? Been mulling that over about this. The other idea has been to just pick off a F150 or full size Bronco with more typical axles and powertrain. Not too sure yet. Lots of time to think it through. If any of y'all has experience...
  3. prerunner

Spent the day hauling crap out of the B-II today. Went in looking for something and found rat sh!t all through the interior. Found and plugged the hole, though theres another I can't plug but don't think thats where they were getting in (by the computer, theres a rust hole outside.) On the plus...
  4. prerunner

Minor update. The Ranger is going to get the early Bronco D44. That opens this truck up for full width axles. Still not convinced I need a Dana 60 front but it might actually be cheaper to start with one. (036speed did a spreadsheet...) Rear axle undecided at this point. A V8 is also in the...
  5. prerunner

The 93 Ranger has its own page titled Project Guinea Pig. This thread can be a B-II one again. :yahoo: Lovely winter scene: Good thing I covered the 4.0...
  6. prerunner

The 93 Ranger is home finally. Been driving it a couple days now and can say it has potential. Not sure if I should start a thread about it or not. Could be an awkward project / daily beater. Nice to be back in an RBV again. A few fixes coming shortly as it had been badly beaten by the PO...
  7. prerunner

Heres a question for you guys who know manual transmissions: 93 Ranger, 5 speed. Engine running or not, clutch in or out, transmission goes in and out of gear seemingly normally except it doesn't move like its in neutral. I left it at my brothers (has a heated garage and I don't) for him to pull...
  8. prerunner

Guy with the Ranger messages me back, 'I totally forgot it has a vehicle inspection on it.' So its screwed. :annoyed: This was one of three people to actually return my call or email in 2 months of searching. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people? Its way past frustrating now, I gotta...
  9. prerunner

Still no pickup. I've called or emailed about every cheap Ranger in a 60 mile radius. This is getting embarrassing. I don't want anything but. As a truck driver I deal with a mechanic shop here locally that will do the BII rear D44 for around $600. But the mechanic who does that for them is off...
  10. prerunner

Well, the '96 Exploder Centaurus is gone, traded towards a new 2013 Dodge Journey. Hey, if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy. :temper: Looking forward to having a pickup again. Edit: After weeks of shopping online for a pickup, I've found nothing. But its winter beater time. Even another...
  11. prerunner

Thats what I thought. Thanks, guys.
  12. prerunner

How long should a reputable shop take to rebuild a rear axle? I'm being told 8 hours at $90 / hour plus shop supplies and tax. 8 hours seems kind of long for a rear diff.
  13. prerunner

Not Aluminum. My bad. High Ductile Nodular Iron. And an inch thick around the bolts only. http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Dana-44-Diff-Cover-p/42-10-044.htm
  14. prerunner

Omix-ada (US Alloy - Dana 44 rear) axle kit is in. I'll get it today. I'm thinking of having NSOR assemble the axle and weld on the spring perches, just waiting on a payday, like everyone else on here. :annoyed: Current game plan: Scout II rear axle housing with disc brakes ( '96 Mustang...
  15. prerunner

Thats true but its also a great reason to use a larger ring and pinion in front to improve strength. The Dana 44 HD ring gear is about the size of a Dana 50 ring gear. The pinion is also substantially larger. Quote from the Wiki "Dana 44" page: "There is a 8.9" diameter Dana 44 ring and pinion...
  16. prerunner

For the life of me, I can't find a list of parts to put the 8.9" ring & pinion from a Jeep JK into my standard carrier without getting the Jana K4 kit. Although my research has shown that JK's might not be the only D 44's that came so equipped. Apparently, Nissan Titan pickups have used Dana 44...
  17. prerunner

Should be seeing the front inner axle shafts this week. Pretty stoked about that. Hopefully, I'll get the rear axles on order soon too. However, I was reminded of a previous commitment over the weekend that might slow this build down ( as though the first actual motion in a year and a half...
  18. prerunner

Picked up a G2 4.88 ring & pinion and install kit for a standard D44 from Tyller at NSOR this afternoon. This is for whichever end gets the Auburn posi. Still working on the logistics for doing the Jana k4 as I don't have a credit card and don't often travel. Tyller couldn't find chromo shafts...
  19. prerunner

Ordered the inner axle shafts for the D44 (73 Bronco) front today. $154 per side from G2. 4340 chromo shafts. Idk, 2 weeks or so? In talking to Josh and Jon at NSOR, I have the feeling that both axles are really different from what they usually see. Jon would like to see me use a 3 link up...
  20. prerunner

My old laptop died and I lost all of the info and passwords stored on it. The new laptop is better (faster) but so far I can't upload pix from my camera. I'm working on it. I did nothing with the parts truck here yesterday picking up the Scout II Dana 44 rear and the laptop after work. I'll post...