•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. CKRobin

EX auto tranny to manual swap

No my boot is torn around the bolt holes. I was hoping to work out a swap as I need alot of your parts but after noticing how far u are from me I would probably fair better to just buy a junker close to me to steal what I need from.
  2. CKRobin

EX auto tranny to manual swap

So you still need some parts? I am doing the oposite swap as i drive a dump truck every day at work I want to be lazy in my personal vehicle. I have a 91 with a 4.0 5speed I am about to put a new motor in and replace the 5 speed with an auto.
  3. CKRobin

Is it time to sell or upgrade?

Well I think it is coming down to a 4.0 and posible auto upgrade, ok that is going to greatly depend on the rest of the doner vehicle, my current explorer was a $500 turd so I might actually get a better $500 turd, of coarse I have rebuilt the suspension and much of the brakes on mine, we shall...
  4. CKRobin

Is it time to sell or upgrade?

I have a 91 4x4 4dr explorer with the 4.0 and a 5 speed. I have no clue what Ford was thinking when they located the shifer, but I am getting sick of busting my nuckles on coke cans every time I shift into 2 and 4th (I have even broken a few glasses from the house with the shifter.) The doors...
  5. CKRobin

91 Explorer Transfer case

So the bw1354E cant be converted to even single stick? I really need to go the cheapest route. I did an np205 to twin stick for about $100 in my old blazer. I am hoping I can stay in that price range for the full job.
  6. CKRobin

91 Explorer Transfer case

I have an electric shift transfer case, what is involved in converting to a stick or two or three? I know in an NP205 you can do a 3 stick and lock it in front wheel drive only high or low.
  7. CKRobin

2" lift

Are those of you with 2" lifts getting much articulation?