•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. necessaryevil

help after being stupid

sorry, wifey has claimed first spot on this one!!
  2. necessaryevil

help after being stupid

well i finally got under the truck today, and found the right radius arm bushing set is blown, right side of the front axle is bent, left side tie rod adjusting sleeve is bent,pitman arm is twisted, another tear in the right floor pan, foremost crossmember is twisted, rear sway bar is bent, oh...
  3. necessaryevil

intermintent stumble

remove your idle air control valve and clean it out real good with some carb cleaner and reinstall. i was having the same problem till i cleaned that valve out.
  4. necessaryevil

Rear suspension...what to do?

i run GABRIEL RED RYDER GAS SHOCKS and i love them, nice and smooth on the street, and nice response on gravel roads and rough terrain
  5. necessaryevil

replacing hood hinges 1988 ranger

it has about six spot welds, the glue was just used for an anti-rattle
  6. necessaryevil

new clutch problem! need help asap!

the thicker side of the plate goes toward the trans.
  7. necessaryevil

replacing hood hinges 1988 ranger

in order to replace you have to drill the spot welds that hold them to the firewall. ive seen a few guys just cut the hinges and install hood pins, but its a pain in the a$$ to open the hood.
  8. necessaryevil

help after being stupid

no i didnt get any pics, and ya it was one of those stupid times. and i peeked under there and every thing "looks" ok, but i eyeballed the toe with twine and it looks like the passenger side is kicked out a good deal, and the only thing i can think of is i stretched out the pitman arm, what is...
  9. necessaryevil

B2 leaf spring ?

part numbers for b2 are different then rangers, but 2x4 b2 are same as 4x4
  10. necessaryevil

help after being stupid

so yesterday, i was being stupid, on a backwoods gravel road. i as doing clutch dumps at 5 grand and getting the truck sideways well i lost control. along side the road was a little dirt berm about two feet tall, i spun out and hit the perm side ways mostly with my right front tire. jumped over...
  11. necessaryevil

Towing

i towed a 1.2 ton minivan with my '87 b2 mt for 60mi,and didnt have a problem. i think the 2.9l are a work horse for the size.
  12. necessaryevil

Anyone here make rear windows removable?

IDEA: pop out the OE windows, get a set from a '88-91, drill the holes around the window flange to accept the window studs and seal with weather stripping for doors.
  13. necessaryevil

E3 spark plugs

and one you start forcing more air in you have to dump in more fuel as well, but that can become very addictive
  14. necessaryevil

Bronco II I'm going to buy has a problem

my '87 had the same problem when i got it, when i pulled the switch apart, it has two copper pieces with little contact buttons on them, i cleaned the grease, dirt and crud off of them put it back together and worked fine since, just be sure to rebend the tabs that hold it toghther over very...
  15. necessaryevil

E3 spark plugs

just use oem copper core plugs, anything else just but undue stress on the ignition system
  16. necessaryevil

BII cargo cover

good luck on your quest,ive looked high and low for that damn thing for my '87 and cant find it anywhere. if you do find a place that has them let me know.
  17. necessaryevil

HELP! 2.9L sporadic oil guage lifter noise...

ive never had the pan off of the b2, so i couldnt tell you but from experience,but on my '90 ranger with a 2.3l that was given to me by my father, had the same symptoms, we thought that the oil pump was going out, i tried and tried to get the oil pan off, but with the cross member i had to pull...
  18. necessaryevil

i havent had to pull the pan on my 2.9l , but on my '90 2.3l i had to pull the motor.
  19. necessaryevil

metallic particles are very bad, means bearing are being chewed up. there is a lot more to oil pressure then the cam bearings, mostly crank bearing,and rod bearings. if you want to save that engine STOP driving it!!! pull the oil pan make sure the pick-up tube is clear, inspect the oil pump. if...