•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. vince87ranger

this is just sad

reminds me of how we used to beat the s**t out of our b2 torch truck at work. they do amazingly well completely stock. our torch b2 was so rusty i had to make a 2x4 wood roll cage inside it to keep the body from falling over the frame. worked out with ours tho because when the knocking rod...
  2. vince87ranger

7.5 diff cover

does anyone make a heavy duty diff cover for a 7.5 axle? I've been looking and cant seem to find anyone who makes one.
  3. vince87ranger

pitman arms and steering boxes

ya thers a lot i wana do as far as axles. problem is im going to school right now, so funds are limited, and school is allmost 300 miles from home. im running 3.73 now,and with 30's it puts me at bout 2400rpm doing 70mph. ive got it setup good for what im doing, but if i found a 4.10 pig for the...
  4. vince87ranger

ya, manual steering was ok until i got a powertrax for the front (a dana28, but im working on getting either a dana35 from my one friend, or a 72ish bronco dana44 from another friend) now steering offroad is a little harder. main reason i wana keep manual steering is bc im a little worried about...
  5. vince87ranger

i guess i just like bein a little diffrent. same reason i converted my 2wd ranger to 4x4, leaving the manual steering, and non-power brakes. Took out a good running, but high mile 2.9 for a carb2.3. The motors stock rite now, but i have an adjustable upper timing gear, cam, header, and a 2500cc...
  6. vince87ranger

Well does anyone know who sells a drop pitman arm for a manual box, and a 6in lift? or can a power arms locating splines be machined or filed out to fit the manual box?
  7. vince87ranger

I have a few questons about pitman arms and steering boxes i cant seem to find answers to. First off is there any diffrence between a manual steering box output shaft (splines, or the diameter) and a power steering box in a early ranger? Second, is there a diffrence in a 2wd and a 4wd factory...
  8. vince87ranger

2.8-2.9 shortblock swap?

hey i dont care if hes harsh. its that kinda person that makes people work harder to make somthin work just to prove them wrong. next hes prob going to tell us you cant weld spider gears in you axles, and that if you did it would never hold up on the street. despite hundreds of people have done...
  9. vince87ranger

2.8-2.9 shortblock swap?

no meaning the intakes wont swap? just looking at them the bolt patterns look very similar.
  10. vince87ranger

2.8-2.9 shortblock swap?

this is going to sound dumb, but i have a b2 with a 2.9 5speed, and a thrown rod. a friend has an low-mile 2.8 5speed from a v8 converson he did. queston is can i take the intake, injectors, and sensors off my 2.9 and put them on the 2.8? i know i could put the 2.8 in and get in running with the...