•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

Idle surge?

On my 91 explorer the idle speeds goes up and down when it is idleing, about 200 to 400rpm consistantly any ides on what may cause this? Just did complete tune up and air and fuel filter.:icon_confused:
  2. B

Miss?

Miss is cured. I have another issue my idle speed surges up and down about 3 to 400 rpm what might cause this? 1991 explorer 4.0
  3. B

Miss?

Well i put on new autolite spark plugs and wires and new fuel and air filter and sprayed around rubber and plastic lines with carb cleaner and didn't find any leaks. I will try this and see what happens.:D
  4. B

Miss?

I will replace the spark plugs and see what happens.
  5. B

Miss?

With the new wires it will miss for a few seconds and then run normal, anything else to check? How exspensive is the coil pack, i am thinking about replacing that next.
  6. B

Miss?

Well i got a set of autolite premium plug wires and they are bigger than stock and come with dielectric grease on them already, now wait for rain again and see what happens. Thanks for the info!!:icon_bounceblue:
  7. B

Miss?

I sprayed the motor with water and yah plug wires are definatly shot, only year old. No sparks around coil pack.
  8. B

Miss?

Miss What are ht wires? I will spray water on coils when it gets dark tonight and see what happens.
  9. B

Miss?

On my 1991 ford explorer 4.0 when it rains it misses when i start it up and and continues until engine is warm and still does it once in a while. When it is dry out it don't miss a beat. Any suggestions?
  10. B

84 Starting Problem

Starting Issue The piece your talking about must be up by the key switch? I will take a look at that see whats going on there.
  11. B

84 2.8

What do you recomend for exhaust size on my 84 bronco II? It has no cat and noise isn't a issue.
  12. B

84 Starting Problem

I done a duraspark conversion to my 84 bronco II and it will not fire until i let off of the key. It will crank all day long and not start till the key switch goes back to the run position. Any suggestions?