•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. L

biggest tires with the 2.9, gearing

good thread heres my ques. heres my problem. This is my daily driver and on the interstate at around 65mph it will shift into over drive but if it slows below 65 it downshifts. The truck seems to be working too hard to push my 33s down the road. Downshifts then upshifts. So I was thinking of...
  2. L

89 2.9 were there 2?

Hey all, I was messing around at work the other day looking at reman-engines. I noticed that there were 2 different part numbers for the 2.9 in 89. So I called our supplier and he said they used two different styles in 89. Is that true?? I had an 86 when I was 16 and I remember adding oil on the...
  3. L

Power Door Lock Actuator

Hey all the wife was complaining about not having a door panel on the passenger side so i decided to go ahead and replace the power door lock actuator. I went about a Dorman actuator part # 75647 and it wont budge the mechanism. I feel the motor turning but it doesnt seem to have enough power to...
  4. L

Ball joints

ball joints just did them. its not that bad at all. I bought my ball joint press from harbor freight and i dont know how i survived without this tool. Anyways the tech library has a really good step by step instructions on how to do this if you get lost. Ive done them before but the guy who did...
  5. L

driveshaft from autozone??

Parts not all from Auto Zone are basically the same parts from Napa and Carquest. Not everything but most. Starters and Altenators there are only like 3 manufacturers that rebuild them. And Auto Zone guarentees 100% labor to garages on starters and alternators. Most of their power steering pumps...
  6. L

No brake fluid at rear axle

just had the same problem. did the complete brake job while doing the lift went to bleed the brakes and no fluid to the rear axle. went to my local scrap yard and found one for 10.00. Auto Zone wants 120.00 for a new one can get ya a part # if ya need one. But it did fix my problem. Now the...
  7. L

Steering Box Opinion

Got everything all aligned and was driving around and noticed a lot of play in the steering. As far as replacing it goes do you guys normally just buy like a Cardone Reman like you would get from Auto Zone or Napa or do you recommend something else??
  8. L

My alignment experience

thanx for the help. somethig i learned the hard way i guess. I had never experienced a ball joint spinning like it did while i was trying to tighten it and then i knew for sure this wasnt right. I work in parts too and when the catalog says it will fit and not ever doing camber bushings i took...
  9. L

My alignment experience

I just replaced all the ball joints i figured while I was doing the lift might as well do everything. The bushing looks so bad because it wouldnt come out quietly. Yeah it was rough. The passenger side wont come out either. So will be tearing that apart. I put the bushing in and I was thinking...
  10. L

My alignment experience

the bushing number crossed over to a D28 camber bushing. Good to know though.
  11. L

My alignment experience

here maybe these pics will show you what im talking about. One of the pics you will see how snug the old bushing fits, the next 2 you will see how sloppy the new one fit. This has been a nightmare.
  12. L

My alignment experience

ok this has been a joke. The cams I bought wont work. The ball joint doesnt fit snug with the cam whatsoever. So from my experience stay away from Moog part # K80109. And i had to completely take my knuckle off to get my old cams out. so yeah its been an awesome day.
  13. L

My alignment experience

I just crossed the numbers and they say YES it will work with the D35. They were not cheap. 36.99 each:shok: yeah i know. but hey if it fixes it, its worth it. Fall is now here and i wanna enjoy it before winter and to fix something i might have missed. Then the SNOW :icon_bounceblue: Cant wait...
  14. L

My alignment experience

Just got back from Advance, and got both bushings. 0 - 4 degrees. Part # is K80109 if anyone needs this.
  15. L

My alignment experience

ohhhh so i was right the first time i didnt misread it. Hmmm... So probably the napa 0 - 4 degree camber bushing is the way to go.
  16. L

My alignment experience

Im stupid. I misread Ive got them comming. thanx guys.
  17. L

My alignment experience

I knew it. Sounds like he was being lazy. I was reading in the tech library about adjustable bushings. What do you think?? Cause the alignment place i wanna take it to is like 20 miles away from my house and i dont wanna toast my new tires.
  18. L

My alignment experience

Well like i guessed they couldnt align it. Why because just by looking at it the alignment guy said it was out more than 3 degrees. Didnt move the truck or anything just by looking at it he said he could tell. So I said go get the bushings from Napa they have them. He said no they dont make one...
  19. L

got my body lift on

looks sweet. How difficult was it?? Looking to do one myself.
  20. L

HERE IT IS - 4in LIFT W/ 33s

Did you have a problem getting the front end aligned?? For some reason I got a feeling in my gut they wont be able to align it tomorrow. This one automotive college was going to do it but i couldnt wait for them. I want my truck yesterday.